After weeks and weeks of fabulous work, our six Google Summer of Code projects are approaching the finish line. As in previous years (2018, 2017), our students will be sharing their work in a series of 5-minutes presentations at an InterMine Community Call. Everyone from the InterMine community is encouraged to come and see what our fantastic students have been up to.
Joining the call
The call will be on the 14th of August 2019. (Note we previously advertised the call as being on the 15th; this was an error - the call is definitely on Wednesday the 14th of August).
Time: 17:00 UK time / 21:30 IST / or check your time zone here: https://arewemeetingyet.com/London/2019-08-14/17:00/Final%20presentations
Agenda and joining instructions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14KAdYACPowLxcIhOe6yVzeYsHMnSy2X0WzuJ124KZ30/edit#heading=h.x7mc3otkj1bu
Here's a sneak preview of what our students have been working on:
- Akshat Bhargava has been prolifically creating new data visualisations for BlueGenes.
- Prabodh Kotasthane has been migrating InterMine webservices from the new-discontinued Struts framework to Spring.
- Deepak Kumar has been creating a InterMine schema validator for biological files.
- Laksh Singla upgraded imjs and im-tables so they are easier to maintain and update.
- Ankur Kumar worked on our project to put InterMine in the cloud, orchestrating the creation of new InterMines from a file upload.
See you all there!
|This post is ad-supported|