Quantcast

A better way to disable default friendly mines?

A better way to disable default friendly mines?

Sam Hokin-3
I prefer to not hack the files that are in the core distro, one of which is global.web.properties. So, to remove the friendly mines
listed there from my reports, I put this in my webapp/resources/web.properties:

# list of friendly mines to ignore from global.web.properties
intermines.modmine.name=
intermines.flymine.name=
intermines.ratmine.name=
intermines.yeastmine.name=
intermines.zfinmine.name=
intermines.humanmine.name=
intermines.mousemine.name=

which then throws exceptions in the Tomcat log like this:

ERROR [ajp-apr-8009-exec-1] (FriendlyMineManager.java:165) - Bad configuration for flymine
1373574 [ajp-apr-8009-exec-1] ERROR org.intermine.api.mines.FriendlyMineManager  - Bad configuration for flymine

which isn't the end of the world, but throwing errors on normal operations (I'm really not interested in homology between common
bean and mouse) strikes me as less than optimal ... is there a better way to disable the default friendly mines?

Re: A better way to disable default friendly mines?

Julie Sullivan-2
Absolutely.

In InterMine 2.0 this information will come from the InterMine registry:

        https://github.com/intermine/intermine/issues/940

Ideally, we'll have an option to configure your own friendly mines.

Julie