AJAX demo?

David Breimann
Hi,

Is there any online browser that uses GBrowse 2?
I read that it supposed to use AJAX and I would really like to see how
it compares to previous versions of GBrowse and to JBrowse.

Thanks,
David

Re: AJAX demo?

Jayaraman, Pushkala
There is WebGBrowse:
http://webgbrowse.cgb.indiana.edu/cgi-bin/uploadData
you could try it. Maintained by Ram Podicheti at Indiana University.

WormBase uses the new version as well:
http://www.wormbase.org/db/gb2/gbrowse/c_elegans/?name=IV:17486585..1749
0803

Pushkala Jayaraman
Programmer/Analyst
Rat Genome Database
Human and Molecular Genetics Center
Medical College of Wisconsin
Email: [hidden email]
Work: 414-955-2229
www.rgd.mcw.edu

Re: AJAX demo?

J.M.P. Alves

We have GBrowse 2 running at:
http://www.gardnerella.mic.vcu.edu

I don't know if our installation reflects the functionality you are
talking about -- but it sure is different from the way JBrowse behaves,
with its asynchronous fetching of data before it's needed. What it does
do different from GBrowse 1 is that the pages are not reloaded when you
move along the sequence or zoom, for example.

David Breimann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any online browser that uses GBrowse 2?
> I read that it supposed to use AJAX and I would really like to see how
> it compares to previous versions of GBrowse and to JBrowse.
>
> Thanks,
> David

-------------------------------
João Marcelo Pereira Alves (J)
Post-doctoral fellow
MCV / VCU - Richmond, VA
http://bioinfo.lpb.mic.vcu.edu
f. 1-804-828-3897

Re: AJAX demo?

David Breimann
Thank you João and Pushkala!

Indeed very different from JBrowse. I just wish JBrowse development
would progress faster... It's seems like it will have a great future
but for now it lacks many important features.