About the classDescriptions.properties

Chen, Yian
Hi all,

I wonder is it possible to add class descriptions in the way similar to
how we add class names and field names?
By the way, the way to add customized class names and filed name was in
the documentation before but no longer there now,
although it still works fine in my mine.

Thanks in advance.

Yi-An Chen

Re: About the classDescriptions.properties

Julie Sullivan-2
Yes, you can put a copy of classDefinitions.properties in
`/webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF` and your webapp will use that one instead.

Can you clarify about the documentation? Which part is missing from
which webpage? I am guessing that omission was not on purpose! :)

On 20/06/2019 05:06, Chen, Yi-An wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wonder is it possible to add class descriptions in the way similar to
> how we add class names and field names?
> By the way, the way to add customized class names and filed name was in
> the documentation before but no longer there now,
> although it still works fine in my mine.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Yi-An Chen

Re: About the classDescriptions.properties

Chen, Yian
Hi Julie,

Thanks for your response. It helps.
However, if possible, I prefer not to 'completely' overwrite the default
class definitions.

I remember there used to be a short paragraph described a configuration
option in the web.properties, such as adding:
web.config.classname.mappings.targetmine=targetmine.classname.properties
web.config.fieldname.mappings.targetmine=targetmine.fieldname.properties
These properties files will merge with the default
bioClassNames.properties and bioFieldNames.properties respectively,
and I just need to define the class names and field names which are not
in the default settings.

It would be nice if there is a similar mechanism works for the

On 2019/06/20 16:20, Julie Sullivan wrote:

> Yes, you can put a copy of classDefinitions.properties in
> `/webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF` and your webapp will use that one
> instead.
>
> Can you clarify about the documentation? Which part is missing from
> which webpage? I am guessing that omission was not on purpose! :)
>
> On 20/06/2019 05:06, Chen, Yi-An wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I wonder is it possible to add class descriptions in the way similar
>> to how we add class names and field names?
>> By the way, the way to add customized class names and filed name was
>> in the documentation before but no longer there now,
>> although it still works fine in my mine.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Yi-An Chen

Re: About the classDescriptions.properties

Julie Sullivan-2
That's a great idea! Can you make a ticket:
https://github.com/intermine/intermine

Thanks!! :)
Julie