Adding Gene Meta Data

Shane McCoy
Hello!
I'm looking to add extra data to my Chado database setup - this includes PFAM, Interpro, GO terms, Gene symbol and Gene descriptions.
This extra data is in a Excel format as well, i've included a snippet as an attachment.
How would do I go about adding this into the database?
Thanks for your time!
Shane M.

Re: Adding Gene Meta Data

Shane McCoy
And i forgot to add the attachment...
Added here.
Thanks!
Shane M.

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 4:20 PM, Shane McCoy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello!
I'm looking to add extra data to my Chado database setup - this includes PFAM, Interpro, GO terms, Gene symbol and Gene descriptions.
This extra data is in a Excel format as well, i've included a snippet as an attachment.
How would do I go about adding this into the database?
Thanks for your time!
Shane M.

excelSBexample.xlsx (76K) Download Attachment

Re: Adding Gene Meta Data

Scott Cain
Hi Shane,

There isn't a generic tool to do that.  Do you by any chance have Tripal installed?  If so, I imagine you could use the Tripal bulk loader, but it would require some set up/configuration.

If you don't have Tripal, I could imagine writing a perl script that would do this but that would require some work too, obviously.

Scott

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Shane McCoy <[hidden email]> wrote:
And i forgot to add the attachment...
Added here.
Thanks!
Shane M.

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 4:20 PM, Shane McCoy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello!
I'm looking to add extra data to my Chado database setup - this includes PFAM, Interpro, GO terms, Gene symbol and Gene descriptions.
This extra data is in a Excel format as well, i've included a snippet as an attachment.
How would do I go about adding this into the database?
Thanks for your time!
Shane M.

Re: Adding Gene Meta Data

Shane McCoy
Hey Scott!
Thanks for the reply. I don't have Tripal installed.
I'll figure another route for the additional data.
Cheers!
Shane M