Adding column to nd_protocol

Naama Menda
this table has just id and name fields.
We would like to add a 'description' column
This is similar to the DDL of other tables, such as db, project, genotype, and others.

If there is no objection, I'll add the SQL

thanks,
-Naama

Naama Menda
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research
Tower Rd
Ithaca NY 14853
USA

(607) 254 3569
Sol Genomics Network
http://solgenomics.net/

Re: Adding column to nd_protocol

Stephen Ficklin-2

Hi Naama,

I think the change is good.

For us to not lose track of changes in Chado (for Tripal compatibility) I think now might be a good time to define a formal process for documenting, reviewing, accepting and incorporating any change to Chado.

We do have a good number of items left over from our Chado v1.3 suggested changes document that we decided to push off to v1.4.  Perhaps we should restart that document, and maybe a new round of discussions for v1.4 and add the nd_protocol.description column as one of the items?

Stephen

On 9/28/2016 8:42 AM, Naama Menda wrote:
this table has just id and name fields.
We would like to add a 'description' column
This is similar to the DDL of other tables, such as db, project, genotype, and others.

If there is no objection, I'll add the SQL

thanks,
-Naama

Naama Menda
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research
Tower Rd
Ithaca NY 14853
USA

(607) 254 3569
Sol Genomics Network
http://solgenomics.net/

Re: Adding column to nd_protocol

Naama Menda
this sounds good to me.

I think we should have a dbpatch system, we could write every schema change in a short SQL file, and then when all the changes are officially in a new chado version all the new DDLs would go into one file

-Naama

Naama Menda
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research
Tower Rd
Ithaca NY 14853
USA

(607) 254 3569
Sol Genomics Network
http://solgenomics.net/
[hidden email]

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 11:53 AM Stephen Ficklin <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

That sounds like a good idea.  Scott, any thoughts on starting up a new round of v1.4 Chado discussions?

Stephen