Apollo 2.0.4 AWS AMI available

nathandunn

I created an Apollo 2.0.4 AWS community AMI for use as a starting point and reference for your own Apollo installation and ***IS NOT INTENDED FOR PRODUCTION***:

When launching a new instance (m3.xlarge is what I created the image with), look for the community AMI and this unique ID:

ami-a74898c7

By default tomcat is off and when turned on, things should be available via http://<yourserver>:8080/apollo/

For converting this into a production machine I would:
- change the password and install your own users
- install apache or nginx and proxy to tomcat if you want: http://genomearchitect.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Configure.html#apache-nginx-configuration
- install a secure certificate if you plan to share passwords with any of your other accounts
- install your own tracks!

I am not an AWS expert, but I’m sure there are folks on the list (and on-line) who are.

Nathan Dunn, PhD
Berkeley Bioinformatics Open-source Projects (BBOP)
Genomics Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

Re: Apollo 2.0.4 AWS AMI available

nathandunn

As a very-delayed follow-up, this is image (Apollo 2.0.4 Template) was only available in the Oregon region of AWS.

I’ve since copied it to most of the other ones and they should be available shortly.

Nathan

On Sep 8, 2016, at 12:32 PM, Nathan Dunn <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

<Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 12.21.43 PM.png>