Apollo installation: | Error Compilation error: startup failed:

Apollo installation: | Error Compilation error: startup failed:

kvanderburg
Hi,

I'm trying to install Apollo with the quick-start developers guide

After a successful build, I get this error message:

WARNING: Module [groovy-all] - Unable to load extension class [org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.NioGroovyMethods]

Apr 12, 2017 11:26:43 AM org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.m12n.MetaInfExtensionModule newModule

| Compiling 15 source files

  [groovyc] org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:

  [groovyc] Invalid commandline usage for javac.

  [groovyc] javac: invalid source release: 1.8

  [groovyc] Usage: javac <options> <source files>

  [groovyc] use -help for a list of possible options

  [groovyc]

  [groovyc]

| Compiling 15 source files.

| Error Compilation error: startup failed:

Invalid commandline usage for javac.

javac: invalid source release: 1.8

Usage: javac <options> <source files>

use -help for a list of possible options

javac -version gives:

javac 1.8.0_121

I tried installing Apollo with Java 7, but I get an immediate error that installation of java 1.8 is required.

Has anyone experienced the same error, and/or could someone help me with a solution for this problem?

Thank you!

Best,
Karin

--
Karin R. L. van der Burg
PhD candidate - Reed lab

Re: Apollo installation: | Error Compilation error: startup failed:

nathandunn

I think this advice applies:

I would:

- remove Java 7 (it is deprecated) (this is usually sufficient)
- make sure you have the Java 8 JDK (where javac comes from) and set JAVA_HOME to it.

Sometimes, during the build process it won’t necessarily choose the right javac when compiling.

Nathan