Auto Indexing and Gateway Timeout

Annie Benitha
Hello,

I am trying to upload some files through the steps.

I tried the sample elegans.conf and it worked.

But the files I want to upload is huge, and I always get the message Gateqay Time out,

Inline image 1

and sometimes Auto Indexing in process, Please try again later message,

Inline image 2

The error logs show,
That the features have been loaded and it takes 60.1 52s and it says Building Object Tree.

Could not open database: Autoindexing in process. Try again later at /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22.1/Bio/Graphics/Browser2/DataBase.pm line 44.

Any ideas whats wrong?

Thanks,
Annie

Re: Auto Indexing and Gateway Timeout

Scott Cain
Hi Annie,

Sorry I missed this for a few days.  Are you still having this problem? It is a result of the webserver itself timing out, not GBrowse.  Apache has configurations for how long it will continue to "listen" while a file is uploading, and I'm pretty sure the default is 60 seconds.  You can change that value in the apache configuration, and I might be able to help; what version of apache are you using (most likely answers are 2.2 or 2.4)?

Generally though, if it is taking over a minute to upload, it might be better to find an alternate way of displaying the data anyway.  Putting large files on a webserver and then using the "from a URL" option under custom tracks might work better.  If they are really large and thus will require a lot of backend processing, you might want to just load them manually on the back end.

Scott