[BioMart Announce] The King is dead. Long live the King ;)

[BioMart Announce] The King is dead. Long live the King ;)

Arek Kasprzyk-2

Dear All,
It is with regret that I inform you  that after many years of excellent service for the BioMart project Syed Haider will be now moving on to focus on his research career. Over the years, Syed has made an outstanding contribution: first as a programmer at the EBI and recently as a BioMart lead developer. Throughout the  BioMart project’s move from EBI, Syed has remained and integral part of  building the BioMart team at OICR. Always dedicated and supportive, he has helped tremendously in achieving BioMart’s current level of success.  We are saddened by Syed’s departure, but wish him well in all of his future endeavors. Undoubtedly we will still be hearing from Syed through his support for the users on the mailing list as usual. :)

Junjun Zhang will now be assuming the role of BioMart coordinator. Junjun joined the team over two years ago and brings a lot of experience in software development and  the NGS data analysis. He has been instrumental in creating and implementing a new vision of the BioMart software that is capable of copying with  the modern data management challenges. Junjun has also been a driving force behind the  the first incarnation of this vision: the ICGC data portal.  Please join me in wishing Junjun all the best in his new role :)

Arek Kasprzyk
Director, Bioinformatics Operations and Principal Investigator

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
MaRS Centre, South Tower
101 College Street, Suite 800
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 0A3

Tel:       416-673-8559
Toll-free:           1-866-678-6427
www.oicr.on.ca

Administrative Assistant: [hidden email]

This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this message may not be that of the organization.