[BioMart Users] BioMart v0.8 release candidate 6 is now available

[BioMart Users] BioMart v0.8 release candidate 6 is now available

Junjun Zhang
Hello everybody,

The BioMart v0.8 release candidate 6 is available now. User Manual can be  downloaded from http://www.biomart.org/rc6_documentation.pdf

Main new/improved features:

- Supports rudimentary Semantic Web features: OWL-ontologies and SPARQL-queries (details in Section 11.5, "Semantic Web" in the user manual)

- Automated command line deployment tool for ICGC nodes

- MartConfigurator (MC) supports importing configuration (sources and/or access points) from other 0.8 portal configuration xml file

- Improved usability in MC including list view of the access points in the right-hand panel

- Better support in backwards compatibility to handle linkouturl and default filter displayname.

- Bug fixes

Please send your feedback/questions and bug report to <a href="applewebdata://71986193-63B6-4BC3-80FE-30BE9209F7FF/users@biomart.org">users@...

Best regards,

Junjun Zhang on behalf of the BioMart team

Re: [BioMart Users] BioMart v0.8 release candidate 6 is now available

Alexis Torrano

 Hi

 I was just playing with the new martconfigurator and found something
 buggy.
 On the left column, specifying DataSet Source Management(DSM) for each
 of the items, it
 can be done one single time. Next time you try so the option DSM does
 not appears
 and the rest of the right-button-menu is weird. Then, you close the
 project, load it again,
 and you can specify a DSM for another item of the left column. Again,
 any new attemp
 will lead to uncomplete right-button-menus.

 By the way, are martconfigurator_5 and martconfigurator_6 equivalent ?
 could we use
 version 5 for rc_6 deployment meanwhile (testing and so)?

    regards.

 Alexis.

 On Tue, 10 May 2011 04:04:09 -0400, Junjun Zhang
 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> The BioMart v0.8 release candidate 6 is available now. User Manual
> can be  downloaded from http://www.biomart.org/rc6_documentation.pdf
> [1]
>
> Main new/improved features:
>
> - Supports rudimentary Semantic Web features: OWL-ontologies and
> SPARQL-queries (details in Section 11.5, "Semantic Web" in the user
> manual)
>
> - Automated command line deployment tool for ICGC nodes
>
> - MartConfigurator (MC) supports importing configuration (sources
> and/or access points) from other 0.8 portal configuration xml file
>
> - Improved usability in MC including list view of the access points
> in the right-hand panel
>
> - Better support in backwards compatibility to handle linkouturl and
> default filter displayname.
>
> - Bug fixes
>
> Please send your feedback/questions and bug report to
> [hidden email] [2]
>
> Best regards,
>
> Junjun Zhang on behalf of the BioMart team
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://www.biomart.org/rc6_documentation.pdf
> [2]
>
> http://webmail02.bsc.es/applewebdata://71986193-63B6-4BC3-80FE-30BE9209F7FF/users@...

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer.htm

Re: [BioMart Users] BioMart v0.8 release candidate 6 is now available

Junjun Zhang
Re: [BioMart Users] BioMart v0.8 release candidate 6 is now available Hi Alexis,

Thanks for reporting the problem, we will have a look into this.

Regarding compatibility, configuration files works with rc5 should work
with rc6 as well. However, due to the quick development, compatibility is
not guaranteed between minor releases.

Cheers,
Junjun

 <Junjun.Zhang@...> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> The BioMart v0.8 release candidate 6 is available now. User Manual
> can be  downloaded from http://www.biomart.org/rc6_documentation.pdf
> [1]
>
> Main new/improved features:
>
> - Supports rudimentary Semantic Web features: OWL-ontologies and
> SPARQL-queries (details in Section 11.5, "Semantic Web" in the user
> manual)
>
> - Automated command line deployment tool for ICGC nodes
>
> - MartConfigurator (MC) supports importing configuration (sources
> and/or access points) from other 0.8 portal configuration xml file
>
> - Improved usability in MC including list view of the access points
> in the right-hand panel
>
> - Better support in backwards compatibility to handle linkouturl and
> default filter displayname.
>
> - Bug fixes
>
> Please send your feedback/questions and bug report to
> users@... [2]
>
> Best regards,
>
> Junjun Zhang on behalf of the BioMart team
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://www.biomart.org/rc6_documentation.pdf
> [2]
>
> http://webmail02.bsc.es/applewebdata://71986193-63B6-4BC3-80FE-30BE9209F7FF/users@...

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer.htm

Re: [BioMart Users] BioMart v0.8 release candidate 6 is now available

Junjun Zhang
Hi Alexis,

The problem should have now fixed. Please update your code.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
Junjun

From: jzhang <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 09:29:58 -0400