[BioMart Users] Biomart/martconfigurator through proxy

[BioMart Users] Biomart/martconfigurator through proxy

Isaac cano
Dear User's support centre,

I'm trying to install and use for the first time Biomart and to do so I'm following the version 0.8 rc4 documentation (http://www.biomart.org/rc4_documentation.pdf). I've compiled properly and now I'm trying to add a new data source (url mart-like) and I cannot connect through because of our institution proxy server. Could you please let me know how I can configure biomart/martconfigurator to connect through our proxy server?

Thanks in advance,

Isaac Cano

Re: [BioMart Users] Biomart/martconfigurator through proxy

Jack Hsu
Re: [BioMart Users] Biomart/martconfigurator through proxy Hi Isaac,

In dist/biomart.properties, find the line with “http.host” and change it to “0.0.0.0” (without quotes).

You can change “http.port” if you need to (this is the port that the proxy server needs to forward to.

For “http.url” change it to the publicly facing host. If your proxy server is listening on “http://www.example.com/” then use this as the value.

-jack

On 11-02-25 5:15 AM, "Isaac cano" <isaaccf@...> wrote:

Dear User's support centre,

I'm trying to install and use for the first time Biomart and to do so I'm following the version 0.8 rc4 documentation (http://www.biomart.org/rc4_documentation.pdf). I've compiled properly and now I'm trying to add a new data source (url mart-like) and I cannot connect through because of our institution proxy server. Could you please let me know how I can configure biomart/martconfigurator to connect through our proxy server?

Thanks in advance,

Isaac Cano

Re: [BioMart Users] Biomart/martconfigurator through proxy

Junjun Zhang
Re: [BioMart Users] Biomart/martconfigurator through proxy I think what Isaac asked about was the outgoing proxy, not the reverse one.
Syed, is supporting this on the feature list of rc6?

Junjun

On 11-02-25 10:09 AM, "Jack Hsu" <Jack.Hsu@...> wrote:

[...]

Syed Haider
Thats Correct. Isaac, this is on the todo list. We should be able to
roll this out in a weeks time.

Best,
Syed

On 25/02/2011 15:14, Junjun Zhang wrote:

> I think what Isaac asked about was the outgoing proxy, not the reverse one.
> Syed, is supporting this on the feature list of rc6?
>
> Junjun
>

> On 11-02-25 10:09 AM, "Jack Hsu"<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
> Hi Isaac,
>
> In dist/biomart.properties, find the line with “http.host” and change it to “0.0.0.0” (without quotes).
>
> You can change “http.port” if you need to (this is the port that the proxy server needs to forward to.
>
> For “http.url” change it to the publicly facing host. If your proxy server is listening on “http://www.example.com/” then use this as the value.
>
> -jack
>

> On 11-02-25 5:15 AM, "Isaac cano"<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
> Dear User's support centre,
>
> I'm trying to install and use for the first time Biomart and to do so I'm following the version 0.8 rc4 documentation (http://www.biomart.org/rc4_documentation.pdf). I've compiled properly and now I'm trying to add a new data source (url mart-like) and I cannot connect through because of our institution proxy server. Could you please let me know how I can configure biomart/martconfigurator to connect through our proxy server?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Isaac Cano

Re: [BioMart Users] Biomart/martconfigurator through proxy

Yong Liang
Hi Issac,

You can add two lines in the dist/conf/xml/biomart.gui.properties

http.proxyHost=yourhost
http.proxyPort=yourport

Let me know if you have any problems.

Yong

On 11-02-25 5:15 AM, "Isaac cano" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear User's support centre,
>
> I'm trying to install and use for the first time Biomart and to do so I'm
> following the version 0.8 rc4 documentation
> (http://www.biomart.org/rc4_documentation.pdf). I've compiled properly and now
> I'm trying to add a new data source (url mart-like) and I cannot
> connect through because of our institution proxy server. Could you please let
> me know how I can configure biomart/martconfigurator to connect through our
> proxy server?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Isaac Cano

Re: [BioMart Users] Biomart/martconfigurator through proxy

Syed Haider
Hi Isaac,

just an update on this that its not fully functional yet, we are working
on this and will let you know as soon as an update is ready and
committed to BioMart 0.8 rc5 release which is due on 1st of March.
Hopefully, we should be able to have this fully functional in a weeks
time following rc5.

Thanks for your patience,
Syed

On 25/02/2011 16:37, Yong Liang wrote:

> Hi Issac,
>
> You can add two lines in the dist/conf/xml/biomart.gui.properties
>
> http.proxyHost=yourhost
> http.proxyPort=yourport
>
> Let me know if you have any problems.
>
> Yong
>

> On 11-02-25 5:15 AM, "Isaac cano"<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Dear User's support centre,
>>
>> I'm trying to install and use for the first time Biomart and to do so I'm
>> following the version 0.8 rc4 documentation
>> (http://www.biomart.org/rc4_documentation.pdf). I've compiled properly and now
>> I'm trying to add a new data source (url mart-like) and I cannot
>> connect through because of our institution proxy server. Could you please let
>> me know how I can configure biomart/martconfigurator to connect through our
>> proxy server?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Isaac Cano

Re: [BioMart Users] Biomart/martconfigurator through proxy

Isaac cano
Hi Junjun,

You are right, I was asking about the outgoing proxy. I'll wait until
this feature is available.

Thanks!

Isaac

2011/2/25, Junjun Zhang <[hidden email]>:

> I think what Isaac asked about was the outgoing proxy, not the reverse one.
> Syed, is supporting this on the feature list of rc6?
>
> Junjun
>

> On 11-02-25 10:09 AM, "Jack Hsu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Isaac,
>
> In dist/biomart.properties, find the line with "http.host" and change it to
> "0.0.0.0" (without quotes).
>
> You can change "http.port" if you need to (this is the port that the proxy
> server needs to forward to.
>
> For "http.url" change it to the publicly facing host. If your proxy server
> is listening on "http://www.example.com/" then use this as the value.
>
> -jack
>

> On 11-02-25 5:15 AM, "Isaac cano" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear User's support centre,
>
> I'm trying to install and use for the first time Biomart and to do so I'm
> following the version 0.8 rc4 documentation
> (http://www.biomart.org/rc4_documentation.pdf). I've compiled properly and
> now I'm trying to add a new data source (url mart-like) and I cannot connect
> through because of our institution proxy server. Could you please let me
> know how I can configure biomart/martconfigurator to connect through our
> proxy server?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Isaac Cano

Re: [BioMart Users] Biomart/martconfigurator through proxy

Isaac cano
Hi Syed,

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to have this feature
available. I suppose then that what Yong said about adding two lines
to the dist/conf/xml/biomart.gui.properties with the following content
is not correct, right?

>> http.proxyHost=yourhost
>> http.proxyPort=yourport

Thanks a lot,

Isaac

2011/2/28, Syed Haider <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Isaac,
>
> just an update on this that its not fully functional yet, we are working
> on this and will let you know as soon as an update is ready and
> committed to BioMart 0.8 rc5 release which is due on 1st of March.
> Hopefully, we should be able to have this fully functional in a weeks
> time following rc5.
>
> Thanks for your patience,
> Syed
>
> On 25/02/2011 16:37, Yong Liang wrote:
>> Hi Issac,
>>
>> You can add two lines in the dist/conf/xml/biomart.gui.properties
>>
>> http.proxyHost=yourhost
>> http.proxyPort=yourport
>>
>> Let me know if you have any problems.
>>
>> Yong
>>

>> On 11-02-25 5:15 AM, "Isaac cano"<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>>> Dear User's support centre,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to install and use for the first time Biomart and to do so I'm
>>> following the version 0.8 rc4 documentation
>>> (http://www.biomart.org/rc4_documentation.pdf). I've compiled properly
>>> and now
>>> I'm trying to add a new data source (url mart-like) and I cannot
>>> connect through because of our institution proxy server. Could you please
>>> let
>>> me know how I can configure biomart/martconfigurator to connect through
>>> our
>>> proxy server?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Isaac Cano

Re: [BioMart Users] Biomart/martconfigurator through proxy

Syed Haider
Hi Isaac,

that fix may only get you through the first step of connecting to your
mart, however results retrieval would not be functional. Essentially, it
wont be useful to you i guess.

Best,
Syed