[BioMart Users] Downtime of Ensembl Genomes BioMarts via BioMart Central

[BioMart Users] Downtime of Ensembl Genomes BioMarts via BioMart Central

Dan Staines
As part of a planned temporary data centre shutdown in Hinxton, the
Ensembl Genomes public MySQL server (mysql.ebi.ac.uk:4157) will be
unavailable between Friday 21 October 2011 at 14.00 (GMT+1) and Monday
24 October at 12.00 (GMT+1). This means that the Ensembl Genomes
BioMarts served from BioMart Central will not be available, although
they will still be available via the main portals at ensemblgenomes.org.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,

Dan Staines, on behalf of the Ensembl Genomes team.

Re: [BioMart Users] Downtime of Ensembl Genomes BioMarts via BioMart Central

Arek Kasprzyk
Hi Dan,
we no longer use the public mysql server (There is an oicr in house copy) so this should not affect us but thank you for letting us know

On 20/10/2011 15:51, Arek Kasprzyk wrote:
> Hi Dan,
> we no longer use the public mysql server (There is an oicr in house
> copy) so this should not affect us but thank you for letting us know

OK, thanks Arek - thats useful to know. So, it sounds like all should be
well, which is good news!

Re: [BioMart Users] Downtime of Ensembl Genomes BioMarts via BioMart Central

Jonathan Guberman
Unfortunately, Arek is mistaken: we only use in-house copies for the Marts hosted on ensembl.org; we still use the public mysql server for the Ensembl genomes, so biomart.org will still be affected.

Jonathan Guberman, PhD
Application Programmer

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
MaRS Centre, South Tower
101 College Street, Suite 800
TorontoOntarioCanada M5G 0A3

Tel:         647-260-7818
Toll-free: 1-866-678-6427

Re: [BioMart Users] Downtime of Ensembl Genomes BioMarts via BioMart Central

Arek Kasprzyk
Hi Dan,
my apologies. I thought this was rectified a long time ago. thank you for letting us know

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Jonathan Guberman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Unfortunately, Arek is mistaken: we only use in-house copies for the Marts hosted on ensembl.org; we still use the public mysql server for the Ensembl genomes, so biomart.org will still be affected.

Jonathan Guberman, PhD
Application Programmer

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
MaRS Centre, South Tower
101 College Street, Suite 800
TorontoOntarioCanada M5G 0A3

Tel:         <a href="tel:647-260-7818" value="+16472607818" target="_blank">647-260-7818
Toll-free: <a href="tel:1-866-678-6427" value="+18666786427" target="_blank">1-866-678-6427