[BioMart Users] Making dropdown menus of filters in Biomart 0.8

[BioMart Users] Making dropdown menus of filters in Biomart 0.8

Jane Charlesworth
Hi there,

My database contains information from several different types of experiment, so I wanted to make a dropdown menu so users can choose the experiment type they are interested in from a list.

I've tried clicking on the filter I'm interested in and choosing "dropdown list" from the menu that appears. When I do that I get a dialogue that is split in two halves, with a column titled "dataset" which has the name of the database in it and a second column on the right. I can successfully add the contents of the "type" column to the right-hand box, but when I run the server I don't see a drop down list for that filter.

Any idea where I'm going wrong with this?

cheers

Jane

Re: [BioMart Users] Making dropdown menus of filters in Biomart 0.8

Marie Wong-Erasmus
Hi Jane,

Did you enable the singleSelect in the type? (see the last row). If not, just click in the box and select the type of dropdown you want.