[BioMart Users] Mart Search GUI: time out error

[BioMart Users] Mart Search GUI: time out error

Parul Kudtarkar
Dear Biomart community,

When I set my GUI type to martsearch I get time out error. I understand
that mart search is currently under development. However I see icgc have
sucessfully implemented martsearch. Any tips on this matter would be
useful.

http://dcc.icgc.org/martsearch/#!/?q=TP53

Thanks and regards,
Parul Kudtarkar

--
Parul Kudtarkar
Scientific Programmer

Re: [BioMart Users] Mart Search GUI: time out error

Jonathan Guberman
The MartSearch GUI type is currently not recommended for production use. If you'd like to try experimenting with it, you can look at the example in the icgc6.xml registry included in RC6. Also, be sure that the attribute(s) you're searching against are indexed in your database, otherwise results will be prohibitively slow.

Jonathan Guberman, PhD
Application Programmer

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
MaRS Centre, South Tower
101 College Street, Suite 800
TorontoOntarioCanada M5G 0A3

Tel:         647-260-7818
Toll-free: 1-866-678-6427

Re: [BioMart Users] Mart Search GUI: time out error

Parul Kudtarkar
Dear Jonathan,

Thanks for a very quick response. Indexing of the search attribute seems
to be the problem in our case.

Thanks and regards,
Parul Kudtarkar