[BioMart Users] Mouse Exons

Maja Milojevic
 Hi,

I'm using the Ensembl Genes 69 database with the mouse dataset (build 37) and I would like to get a list of all the exons in the mouse but I can't get a consistent output. Almost every time that I click on the results button I get a different number of results even though all the filter and output settings are unchanged. The only exception has been chromosome 1 which is usually consistent. I have also retrieved the exon list for the mouse build 38 through BioMart MartView and I have had no problems with getting consistent output. However, I can't work with build 38 right now and I'm struggling to figure out what is going wrong when I use the BioMart Central Portal.

Any help would be appreciated,

Maja

Re: [BioMart Users] Mouse Exons

Rhoda Kinsella
Hi Maja
Have you tried using the Ensembl BioMart databases at www.ensembl.org? If not, can you try the databases there and let me know if you have any difficulty.

Here is the link to the current Ensembl release 71 biomart databases which contains GRCm38:
http://www.ensembl.org/biomart/martview/

Here is the link to the page that lists all our past archives:
http://www.ensembl.org/info/website/archives/index.html

Ensembl release 67 was the last release to contain NCBIM37

I hope that helps
Regards
Rhoda

On 30 Apr 2013, at 19:47, Maja Milojevic <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I'm using the Ensembl Genes 69 database with the mouse dataset (build 37) and I would like to get a list of all the exons in the mouse but I can't get a consistent output. Almost every time that I click on the results button I get a different number of results even though all the filter and output settings are unchanged. The only exception has been chromosome 1 which is usually consistent. I have also retrieved the exon list for the mouse build 38 through BioMart MartView and I have had no problems with getting consistent output. However, I can't work with build 38 right now and I'm struggling to figure out what is going wrong when I use the BioMart Central Portal.
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
>
> Maja _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.biomart.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Rhoda Kinsella Ph.D.
Ensembl Production Project Leader,
European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI),
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,
Hinxton,
Cambridge,
CB10 1SD