[BioMart Users] Oracle versions

Rebecca Ewing
Hi

We have recently moved our database from Oracle 11.1 to 11.2. This is causing problems with our version 0.7 BioMart as it can no longer connect to our database both through marteditor and when running configure.pl. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks

Rebecca

Re: [BioMart Users] Oracle versions

Arek Kasprzyk
Hi Rebecca,
it could be a number of reasons, for instance: the outdated jar or DBD that you have on the machine that you running your BioMart server. However because both of them fail at the same time and the upgrade is minor, my first instinct would be to check the settings on the oracle server. Are the connections allowed from the BioMart machine? What is the error message? Could you send the log from martj and biomart-perl to the list please? we need more info.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Rebecca Shepherd <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

We have recently moved our database from Oracle 11.1 to 11.2. This is causing problems with our version 0.7 BioMart as it can no longer connect to our database both through marteditor and when running configure.pl. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks

Rebecca

Re: [BioMart Users] Oracle versions

Rebecca Ewing
Hi Arek

I get the following error in sqlnet.log:

Fatal NI connect error 12505, connecting to:
 (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(HOST=xxxx)(PROTOCOL=tcp)(PORT=xxxx))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=xxxx)(CID=(PROGRAM=perl)(HOST=xxxx)(USER=xxxx))))

  VERSION INFORMATION:
TNS for Linux: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
TCP/IP NT Protocol Adapter for Linux: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
  Time: 14-SEP-2011 11:29:15
  Tracing not turned on.
  Tns error struct:
    ns main err code: 12564
    TNS-12564: TNS:connection refused
    ns secondary err code: 0
    nt main err code: 0
    nt secondary err code: 0
    nt OS err code: 0

I have updated the jar file for marteditor but where would I do this for BioMart?

Thanks

Rebecca

On 14 Sep 2011, at 14:45, Arek Kasprzyk wrote:

[...]

not suprisingly this is a connection error. you have a pointer there to error 12505. If you cannot  find an answer googling it, i would suggest you contact your oracle admin to decipher this for you