[BioMart Users] Potential to ignore errors in QueryRunner

[BioMart Users] Potential to ignore errors in QueryRunner

Peter Ansell
Hi,

I have been looking through the biomart code and I noticed that there
is the potential for errors to be ignored in QueryRunner if the last
thread does not have an error but any of the others do.

Line 165 of org/biomart/queryEngine/QueryRunner.java in trunk svn is simply:

                this.hasError = !success;

It should track whether there is an error or not so that early errors
are not overwritten by later successes, for example it could be:

if(!this.hasError)
     this.hasError = !success;

Cheers,

Peter

Re: [BioMart Users] Potential to ignore errors in QueryRunner

Jack Hsu
Re: [BioMart Users] Potential to ignore errors in QueryRunner Hi Peter,

Thanks for letting us know. It’ll be fixed in the next release.

-jack