[BioMart Users] Problem Accessing Biomart SOAP Service

[BioMart Users] Problem Accessing Biomart SOAP Service

Muhammad Rehan Shaukat
Hi,

I am getting an error while connecting to Biomart service (http://www.biomart.org/biomart/martsoap) via SOAP access, it was working fine till friday. Error details are shown as:

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Could not connect to mysql database ensembl_mart_61: DBI connect('database=ensembl_mart_61;host=dcc-qa-db.oicr.on.ca;port=3306','bm_web',...) failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'dcc-qa-db.oicr.on.ca' (113) at /srv/biomart_server/biomart.org/biomart-perl/lib/BioMart/Configuration/DBLocation.pm line 98

Is there anything changed/updated in Biomart SOAP service?

Cheers,
Rehan

This email may have a PROTECTIVE MARKING, for an explanation please see:
http://www.mrc.ac.uk/About/Informationandstandards/Documentmarking/index.htm

Re: [BioMart Users] Problem Accessing Biomart SOAP Service

Syed Haider
Hi Rehan.

It seems that the database server is down. Its only those SOAP queries
that are fired against this particular backend (ensembl) are affected.

Apologies for the inconvenience, let us restart the server, we will get
back as soon as this is resolved,

Thanks
Syed

On 21/02/2011 16:26, Muhammad Rehan Shaukat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting an error while connecting to Biomart service (http://www.biomart.org/biomart/martsoap) via SOAP access, it was working fine till friday. Error details are shown as:
>
> org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Could not connect to mysql database ensembl_mart_61: DBI connect('database=ensembl_mart_61;host=dcc-qa-db.oicr.on.ca;port=3306','bm_web',...) failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'dcc-qa-db.oicr.on.ca' (113) at /srv/biomart_server/biomart.org/biomart-perl/lib/BioMart/Configuration/DBLocation.pm line 98
>
> Is there anything changed/updated in Biomart SOAP service?
>
> Cheers,
> Rehan
>

> This email may have a PROTECTIVE MARKING, for an explanation please see:
> http://www.mrc.ac.uk/About/Informationandstandards/Documentmarking/index.htm

Re: [BioMart Users] Problem Accessing Biomart SOAP Service

Muhammad Rehan Shaukat
Hi Syed,

Thanks for the update. I will try to access it again tomorrow.

Cheers,
Rehan