[BioMart Users] Problem installing biomart perl

[BioMart Users] Problem installing biomart perl

anu jagtap
Hi,

I am trying to install the Biomart perl on my university server. I had to do some directory structure changes.
Following are the directory structure changes I did -

cwd : /www/html/web/biomart/
bin  :/www/html/web/biomart/bin
lib : /www/biomart/lib
logs : /www/biomart/logs
cgi-bin : /www/biomart/bmart-cgi-bin
htdocs : /www/html/web/biomart

I have configured the martview successfully with default registryURLpointer. Atleast it didn't give any error. (please find the attached log4perl file generated during configuration)

I have the index.html at /www/html/web/biomart  and when I point my browser to   http://servername/biomart  the index page opens which has link to "start martview session"

When I try to open martview session it gives me an error "Can't open file  /www/biomart/logs/log4perl (permission denied)"  in apache error logs  and shows a blank page in browser.

I tried giving 777 permission to the whole directory hierarchy of this path /www/biomart/logs/log4perl   - but still i get the same error.

Can you please help me with this.  Let me know if you need any other information from me.

Thanks
Anu

log4perl_log (294K) Download Attachment

Re: [BioMart Users] Problem installing biomart perl

Junjun Zhang
How about the permission of the file log4perl itself? The file may have already been created by another user.

Junjun
Sent from my BBerry