[BioMart Users] Question About Filters

Steven Rosanoff
Question for anyone who can help:

I just finished designing a new biomart, everything is up and running as
expected. I am trying to make the filter/attributes as intuitive as
possible for the new mart but I am having some difficulties.

The way the mart is designed there is one main table and 23 description
tables linked to the main table. All of the description tables share the
same column format. Instead of creating 23 filters (one for each
description table) is it possible to create one combined filter that
would search all of the tables?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Steve

--
Steven Rosanoff
Software Engineer

Re: [BioMart Users] Question About Filters

Jonathan Guberman
Yes, it is indeed possible. You can create a filter list that contains all 23 filters as the members of the list. To create the filter list, right-click on a container and select "create filter list". In the dialogue that appears, select the 23 filters that you want to add to the filter list.

After creating the filter list, select it in the upper panel, and then in the lower panel edit the "operation" and change it to "or". This will then search all 23 filters, and return the data where ANY of the 23 filters matches the input value. (If you set the operation to "and", which is the default, then it will return the data where ALL of the 23 filters match the input value.)