[BioMart Users] RC6: New "gene" entry in ID results for each internal data source

[BioMart Users] RC6: New "gene" entry in ID results for each internal data source

Estrella, Heather
RC6: New "gene" entry in ID results for each internal data source

Hi,

Im currently using the latest release of RC6. Every time I add in an internal data source a new gene entry comes back in the results for identifier search.  For example, Ive loaded 3 internal datasets so when I do an identifier search on TP53, 4 TP53 results appear, the original plus 1 for each dataset Ive loaded.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior? Any tips? Im sure Im just missing something. I just dont know what it is.

Thanks,
Heather

Re: [BioMart Users] RC6: New "gene" entry in ID results for each internal data source

Marie Wong-Erasmus
Yes heather,

So what happens is that it searches 2 sets of gene tables per dataset added since the default is to have the dataset "on".
You need to turn this off in "View Partition Table" in the Gene source.
Go to the column named col25 & set all but one to true
Save your config and problem will be solved.

If you need screenshots, let me know, I have them ready.

cheers,
Marie