[BioMart Users] Rc6 / Rc7

Celine Noirot
Hi,
Could tell me if the release candidate Rc7 will be released or if it's
just a test branch ?
I tried to edit a martform with rc7 , and when a copy/paste a filter
it's generate an error, but it works fine with rc6.
The xml generated seems not to be compatible between the 2 release.
Thanks
Céline

--

Céline Noirot
Plateforme Bioinfo Genotoul- Unité BIA

Re: [BioMart Users] Rc6 / Rc7

Arek Kasprzyk
Hi Celine,
the rc6 release is the last official BioMart release.
The rc7 is just a test branch and therefore not advertised anywhere on the biomart website.

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Celine Noirot <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
Could tell me if the release candidate Rc7 will be released or if it's just a test branch ?
I tried to edit a martform with rc7 , and when a copy/paste a filter it's generate an error, but it works fine with rc6.
The xml generated seems not to be compatible between the 2 release.
Thanks
Céline

--

Céline Noirot
Plateforme Bioinfo Genotoul- Unité BIA
INRA, 24 Chemin de Borde Rouge - Auzeville
CS 52627
31326 Castanet Tolosan cedex
Tel. 05 61 28 57 24
http://bioinfo.genotoul.fr

Re: [BioMart Users] Rc6 / Rc7

Mariette

Thanks for this answer,

the way processors are implemented between rc6 and rc7 are quite different. We have started
our implementation when rc6 was not official, so we started our development with the last one
which was rc7. So our processors are not compatible with the official version.

Our question is, rc7 is a test branch but will the way processors are implemented in rc7 the way
you plan to move to ? It's a lot of work for us to re implement our processors, we just want to
be sure we won't have to redevelop all of them in 2months.

thanks for your answer,
Céline & Jerome

Le 09/08/2012 11:10, Arek Kasprzyk a écrit :
[...]

Hi Celine and Jerome,
I guess I should clarify my answer a bit more. The rc6 is the last official release that is production quality, (it had enough testing, docs etc) and therefore we recommend it for standard BioMart installations.

There are number of different test implementations of processors around by the BioMart group as well as external groups. The BioMart group and external groups have agreed to work together on the common processor architecture so we could maintain a single BioMart code base that would benefit all the BioMart users from plants genomics to cancer research. We are always keen to engage the community and we will be more than happy to work with you too. In this way not only you will have a smooth transition to the next BioMart release but you will also work with us as a part of the international BioMart community of developers. Please let us know if you are interested