[BioMart Users] Rice Mart integration question in BioMart

[BioMart Users] Rice Mart integration question in BioMart

Wang Jun
Dear sir/madam,

I am writing to inquire about the Rice-Map integration in the Bio Portal. In the "Database Search" section, I can find it in the "Search by organism" tag and "Search by database name" tag. However, I can not find it in the "Search by type" tag, I think Rice-Mart can be added under "Model organism databases" part of the "Search by type" tag, is it suitable?

By the way, I found BioMart homepage has been updated, and the new website is really nice!

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Wang Jun
Center for Bioinformatics
Peking University

Re: [BioMart Users] Rice Mart integration question in BioMart

Arek Kasprzyk
Dear Wang Jun
Thank you for your suggestion. We will be happy to include your database under 'model organism databases' tag.

I am glad you like our new website. We are hoping to add many more 'stars' to the map and BioMart portals for accessing them in the near future :)

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Wang Jun <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear sir/madam,

I am writing to inquire about the Rice-Map integration in the Bio Portal. In the "Database Search" section, I can find it in the "Search by organism" tag and "Search by database name" tag. However, I can not find it in the "Search by type" tag, I think Rice-Mart can be added under "Model organism databases" part of the "Search by type" tag, is it suitable?

By the way, I found BioMart homepage has been updated, and the new website is really nice!

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Wang Jun
Center for Bioinformatics
Peking University

Re: [BioMart Users] Rice Mart integration question in BioMart

Wang Jun

Dear Arek,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
In addition, Kong Lei and I plan to take part in the 2012 GMOD meeting in Washington, maybe we can have chance to have a talk then.:)
Thank you for your help all the time!

Best,
Jun

Re: [BioMart Users] Rice Mart integration question in BioMart

Arek Kasprzyk
Hi Jun,
my pleasure :) look forward to meeting you in person. Great work on the Rice-Map BTW :)

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Wang Jun <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Arek,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
In addition, Kong Lei and I plan to take part in the 2012 GMOD meeting in Washington, maybe we can have chance to have a talk then.:)
Thank you for your help all the time!

Best,
Jun

Re: [BioMart Users] Rice Mart integration question in BioMart

Wang Jun
Hi Arek,

Thanks a lot for your encouragement comment:)
We also developed a universal genome browser framework ABrowse (http://www.abrowse.org/) based on Rice-Map, adding more useful functions.

I am looking forward to talking to you in the meeting. Keep in touch!:)

greetings,