[BioMart Users] Running biomart-0.8 on tomcat

[BioMart Users] Running biomart-0.8 on tomcat

Sean Davis
Hi, all.

Is it possible to run biomart-0.8 on tomcat?  If so, is there any even sketchy documentation about it?  I have done webapps in java before, but it has been a while.  An alternative, I suppose, is to run using mod_proxy or even mod_rewrite behind apache.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sean

Re: [BioMart Users] Running biomart-0.8 on tomcat

Jack Hsu
Re: [BioMart Users] Running biomart-0.8 on tomcat Hi Sean,

The BioMart application comes with an embedded server called Jetty. It’s also an application server like Tomcat but can be embedded easily in projects.

The usual deployment setup for BioMart 0.8 is to run BioMart’s server instance, and have an HTTP server, such as Apache, in front of it.

If you are running Apache then you should only need mod_proxy to proxy requests to the BioMart server.

Is there a particular reason you need to run it through Tomcat? There may be a way to do it but it’s not supported at the moment.

-jack