[BioMart Users] V0.7 - martbuilder - re-use of an existing mapping configuration

[BioMart Users] V0.7 - martbuilder - re-use of an existing mapping configuration

ameil
Hello,

is it possible with martbuilder to re-use an existing mapping
configuration after you had modified your data schema ?
For instance, let's say you have already renamed all columns
("colname_101' to "colname' etc ...), done some masking, generated your
biomart,
and now you want to add a new column to the main table of your data
schema. How would you proceed without "re-starting from scratch"
(e.g option "create dataset") in order to produce a new generation sql
file that will include ancient columns renamed and the new ones ?
Would it be possible for instance to modify the corresponding
martbuilder xml configuration file ?

(The new column could be either a column previouly masked or a new
column added afterwards to the table).

Regards,

Alain MEIL.

Re: [BioMart Users] V0.7 - martbuilder - re-use of an existing mapping configuration

Yong Liang
Hi Alain,

Sorry for the late reply. You can use 'update' in martbuilder.

Hope this help, and let me know if you have any problem.

On 11-01-28 11:51 AM, "alain meil" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is it possible with martbuilder to re-use an existing mapping
> configuration after you had modified your data schema ?
> For instance, let's say you have already renamed all columns
> ("colname_101' to "colname' etc ...), done some masking, generated your
> biomart,
> and now you want to add a new column to the main table of your data
> schema. How would you proceed without "re-starting from scratch"
> (e.g option "create dataset") in order to produce a new generation sql
> file that will include ancient columns renamed and the new ones ?
> Would it be possible for instance to modify the corresponding
> martbuilder xml configuration file ?
>
> (The new column could be either a column previouly masked or a new
> column added afterwards to the table).
>
> Regards,
>
> Alain MEIL.

Yong Liang
Database/Application Programmer

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
MaRS Centre, South Tower
101 College Street, Suite 800
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 0A3

Tel:                        647-260-7951
Toll-free:             1-866-678-6427
www.oicr.on.ca

This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged
information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or
distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally
intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or
other information contained in this message may not be that of the
organization.

Re: [BioMart Users] V0.7 - martbuilder - re-use of an existing mapping configuration

ameil
Hello,

	In MartBuilder 0.7, I can see an 'update' option menu item within the 'Schema' menu. That's Ok to me. In the schema editor I can edit the primary key, add a foreign key, do some masking but I don't see any contextual menu where I could specify a new mapped column from a previous existing mapping schema.

Alain.

--
Alain MEIL

Project Leader