[BioMart Users] Wild-card characters in filters and multiple reports for one data source

[BioMart Users] Wild-card characters in filters and multiple reports for one data source

Thomas TRIPLET
Hello,

Is it possible to configure the filters so that it supports wild-card characters (% or *). Also, does case-sensitivity depend on the underlying data source or is it handled by BioMart?

Also, I was wondering whether it is possible to define more than one report for a given data source. For example, I have a source for KEGG pathways, which describes pathways of course, but also reactions, compounds, etc... and it would be nice to have a report for each type. As far I can I tell, it is only possible if each type belongs to a different data source (so I would then get a source for pathways, one for reactions, etc...). Could you please confirm this?

Thanks a lot for your help, I greatly appreciate!
Thomas

--
Thomas Triplet, Ph.D.
http://www.thomastriplet.net

Centre for Structural and Functional Genomics
Concordia University
7141 West Sherbrooke St
Montreal QC H4B 1R6

Re: [BioMart Users] Wild-card characters in filters and multiple reports for one data source

Syed Haider-2
Hi Thomas,

W.r.t the query engine, the wild-card chars (through LIKE) are not
supported in v0.8 at this stage. The design has a placeholder for it
though, so at some point in the future, it will get filled in.

The case sensitivity is respected by the system and results are
presented just as they are stored in Database. However, when query
engine merges multiple datasets laterally, it ignores the case of the
keys on which results are merged on. This enables merging whereby 2
databases having a common gene name but stored as p53 in one and P53 in
the other.

HTH,
Syed