[BioMart Users] biomart searche

Parul Kudtarkar
Dear Biomart Community,

Any idea how to make biomart searches case insensitive as well as use wild
card characters if the user is not sure of exact name he is looking for?
Our Biomart is located at http://whis.caltech.edu:5430/

Yours in discovery,
Parul Kudtarkar

--
Scientific Programmer
Center for Computational Regulatory Genomics

Re: [BioMart Users] biomart searche

Arek Kasprzyk
Hi Parul
your mart looks fantastic :) It is really cool!

We'll be happy to include you in BMC and advertise you through www.biomart.org :)

Do we have your permission?
If so, could you send your registry file to Junjun Zhang please? (cc'ed on this email)

Junjun: is there a chance that you could do three of them in one go? :)

PS. I'll let the developers to answer your questions

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Parul Kudtarkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Biomart Community,

Any idea how to make biomart searches case insensitive as well as use wild
card characters if the user is not sure of exact name he is looking for?
Our Biomart is located at http://whis.caltech.edu:5430/

Yours in discovery,
Parul Kudtarkar

--
Scientific Programmer
Center for Computational Regulatory Genomics
Beckman Institute,
California Institute of Technology
http://www.spbase.org

[BioMart Users] biomart search

Parul Kudtarkar
Dear Biomart community,

Any suggestions for the aforementioned email? In brief I am looking to
activate fuzzy query mode.

Thanks,
Parul

> Dear Biomart Community,
>
> Any idea how to make biomart searches case insensitive as well as use
wild
> card characters if the user is not sure of exact name he is looking for?
Our Biomart is located at http://whis.caltech.edu:5430/

> Yours in discovery,
> Parul Kudtarkar
>
> --
> Scientific Programmer
> Center for Computational Regulatory Genomics
> Beckman Institute,
> California Institute of Technology
> http://www.spbase.org

Re: [BioMart Users] biomart search

Syed Haider-2
Parul,

Have you tried just changing an existing examples to your desired one ?
may be try reverse engineering by change the attribute of one of the
working examples and find out precisely where it fails.

Syed

On 10/11/2011 03:40, Parul Kudtarkar wrote:

> Dear Biomart community,
>
> Any suggestions for the aforementioned email? In brief I am looking to
> activate fuzzy query mode.
>
> Thanks,
> Parul
>
>> Dear Biomart Community,
>>
>> Any idea how to make biomart searches case insensitive as well as use
> wild
>> card characters if the user is not sure of exact name he is looking for?
> Our Biomart is located at http://whis.caltech.edu:5430/
>>
>> Yours in discovery,
>> Parul Kudtarkar
>>
>> --
>> Scientific Programmer
>> Center for Computational Regulatory Genomics
>> Beckman Institute,
>> California Institute of Technology
>> http://www.spbase.org

Re: [BioMart Users] biomart search

Arek Kasprzyk

Hi Parul,
just to add to syed's comments

The wild card search is not yet implemented in 0.8 (it does exist in 0.7 tho).The case sensitivity handling is currently delegated to individual RDBMs without BioMart software interfering so if a particuar RDBMS platform is case sensitive so will be your search through BioMart  (yong to correct me here)

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 10:40 PM, Parul Kudtarkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Biomart community,

Any suggestions for the aforementioned email? In brief I am looking to
activate fuzzy query mode.

Thanks,
Parul

> Dear Biomart Community,
>
> Any idea how to make biomart searches case insensitive as well as use
wild
> card characters if the user is not sure of exact name he is looking for?
Our Biomart is located at http://whis.caltech.edu:5430/

> Yours in discovery,
> Parul Kudtarkar
>
> --
> Scientific Programmer
> Center for Computational Regulatory Genomics
> Beckman Institute,
> California Institute of Technology
> http://www.spbase.org

Re: [BioMart Users] biomart search

Parul Kudtarkar
Thanks Arek and Sayeed for your feedback, we are using postgres database
which is case sensitive. Hence I guess we cannot make our searches case
insensitive. Also it would be nice to see the future version of biomart
use wild card search.

Regards,
Parul