[BioMart Users] install Biomart

estefi
Hi
I have recently downloaded last version of Biomart (0.89
I have also downlaoded tutorials (quick and complete) from web page.
I have apache solr already installed in my computer. My operative
system is Centos
I would like to know if you have some tutorial update, because the
ones that I have didnt match files with the files I have.
Another problem I have is when I try to get Biomart -perl, with the
command line:
cvs -d :pserver:[hidden email]:/cvsroot/biomart login
I can login, but when the password is asked, I wait I wait but....the answer is:

Logging in to :pserver:[hidden email]:2401/cvsroot/biomart
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: connect to [cvs.sanger.ac.uk]:2401 failed:
Connection timed out

I would appreciate your help because I really need try this tool
Thank You very much

Re: [BioMart Users] install Biomart

Syed Haider
Hi Estefania,

Firstly, please let us know which version of BioMart are you using,

is it:
  0.8 release candidate 3 (java based)
  or
  0.7 biomart-perl (perl based)

All the instructions about 0.8 rc3 are available here:
http://www.biomart.org/rc3_documentation.pdf

thanks
Syed

On 28/01/2011 11:54, Estefania wrote:

> Hi
> I have recently downloaded last version of Biomart (0.89
> I have also downlaoded tutorials (quick and complete) from web page.
> I have apache solr already installed in my computer. My operative
> system is Centos
> I would like to know if you have some tutorial update, because the
> ones that I have didnt match files with the files I have.
> Another problem I have is when I try to get Biomart -perl, with the
> command line:
> cvs -d :pserver:[hidden email]:/cvsroot/biomart login
> I can login, but when the password is asked, I wait I wait but....the answer is:
>
> Logging in to :pserver:[hidden email]:2401/cvsroot/biomart
> CVS password:
> cvs [login aborted]: connect to [cvs.sanger.ac.uk]:2401 failed:
> Connection timed out
>
> I would appreciate your help because I really need try this tool
> Thank You very much

Re: [BioMart Users] install Biomart

Andrew Blake
Hiya
Just a thought but the port on our firewall to the svn port on the
sanger server needed to be opened to access the source code svn repository.
Cheers
Andy