[BioMart Users] multiselect and biomart 0.8rc6

[BioMart Users] multiselect and biomart 0.8rc6

Sean Davis
I'm working on setting up a biomart using 0.8rc6.  I am working from a
single table in a postgresql database.  Everything works just fine
"out-of-the-box".  However, I would like to change some of the filters
to be singleSelect or multiSelect.  I can do that, but the boxes are
not populated with any choices.  Do I have to add these choices
somewhere by hand?  Is there something else I am missing?

Thanks,
Sean

Re: [BioMart Users] multiselect and biomart 0.8rc6

Sean Davis
On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 7:16 PM, Marie Wong-Erasmus
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> Just right click on the filter and click the option dropdown list. a
> dialog will open and you can either add in the choices by hand using Add
> button or use the update button and that will connect to your database and
> retrieve all unique values. Just close the dialog once you see the list
> populated and save the registry file and off you go.
>
> hope this helps,

Thanks, Marie.  This helps get a bit further.  I can do the manual
"add" and things appear to work, but using "update" here results in no
log message, no database activity (postgresql 8.4.4), and no list
appearing in the dialog menu.  The table that I am working with has
only 42k rows, so I wouldn't expect this to take any appreciable time.
 I am on a laptop, so there is not an issue with server load, etc.  I
am using martconfigurator 0.8rc6 on a macbook pro with 4GB RAM.  Any
other thoughts?

Thanks,
Sean

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Sean Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 7:16 PM, Marie Wong-Erasmus
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Sean,
>>
>> Just right click on the filter and click the option dropdown list. a
>> dialog will open and you can either add in the choices by hand using Add
>> button or use the update button and that will connect to your database and
>> retrieve all unique values. Just close the dialog once you see the list
>> populated and save the registry file and off you go.
>>
>> hope this helps,
>
> Thanks, Marie.  This helps get a bit further.  I can do the manual
> "add" and things appear to work, but using "update" here results in no
> log message, no database activity (postgresql 8.4.4), and no list
> appearing in the dialog menu.  The table that I am working with has
> only 42k rows, so I wouldn't expect this to take any appreciable time.
>  I am on a laptop, so there is not an issue with server load, etc.  I
> am using martconfigurator 0.8rc6 on a macbook pro with 4GB RAM.  Any
> other thoughts?

I'm doing well on this list so far.  This was a problem on my end; I
had reloaded the data and the column I was trying to update was,
indeed, empty.

Sorry for the noise.