[BioMart Users] nohup, X windows, martconfigurator

[BioMart Users] nohup, X windows, martconfigurator

Alexis

Hi

The issue is about nohup and deploying from martconfigurator. I found a
weird behaviour
on deploying. I run martconfigurator from a session created with "ssh
-X". Although
martconfigurator uses nohup to launch the daemon, it will not avoid its
death when the session
is closed. So I lost the server one time and another. The matter is the
-X param which someway
interferes with nohup. So, now I rely only on biomart-server start/stop
executed from a ssh session
without "-X".

    hope this can help someone now... or eventually new users.

        regards.

Alexis

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer.htm

Re: [BioMart Users] nohup, X windows, martconfigurator

Yong Liang
Hi Alexis,

Thank you for sharing this. In your case, I think it is safer to run the
server using biomart-server start/stop command.

Regards.

Yong