[BioMart Users] support for Rattus norvegicus version 5

[BioMart Users] support for Rattus norvegicus version 5

Clemens, Laura
Hi,

I'm trying to use the R bioMart module for rn5.  But the latest ensembl version that I see is RGSC3.4.

Is there a way I can get the latest version for rat using bioMart in R?

Thanks.

Laura

Re: [BioMart Users] support for Rattus norvegicus version 5

Rhoda Kinsella
Hi Laura
You can point your host to www.ensembl.org and you should be able to get the information you require.
Regards
Rhoda

On 16 Jan 2013, at 21:25, "Clemens, Laura" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to use the R bioMart module for rn5.  But the latest ensembl version that I see is RGSC3.4.

Is there a way I can get the latest version for rat using bioMart in R?

Thanks.

Laura

Rhoda Kinsella Ph.D.
Ensembl Production Project Leader,
European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI),
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,
Hinxton,
Cambridge,
CB10 1SD

Re: [BioMart Users] support for Rattus norvegicus version 5

Clemens, Laura
Thanks very much!

Re: [BioMart Users] support for Rattus norvegicus version 5

Clemens, Laura
What I'm actually trying to do is use the GenomicFeatures module makeTranscriptDbFromBiomart function.  I don't see how to enter the host in this function.

Thank you for your help.

Re: [BioMart Users] support for Rattus norvegicus version 5

Clemens, Laura
Sorry – I found I had to update my version of genomicFeatures. Thanks for your help.