Biomart Filters

Steven Rosanoff
Hello Arek,

I am in the process of building a new mart for one of our protein databases here at EBI. I am at the stage where I need to design filters and attributes for the mart however, the documentation on the biomart website only has a few pages on the topic of filters (topic 5.1.2.5). Is there any other documentation?

There are a number of attributes for each filter that are not even referenced in the documentation. It would be nice to know what these attributes can do and the possible input values.

Examples:
- regexp
- filterList
- setAttribute
- graph
- dependsOnType
- dependsOn
- ref

Thanks ahead of time.

Regards,
Steve

--
Steven Rosanoff
Software Engineer
Phone: +44 (0)1223 494565
Email: [hidden email]

Re: Biomart Filters

Arek Kasprzyk-2
Re: Biomart Filters
Hi Steven,
The only documentation that we have right now is the one on www.biomart.org. It so happens that a number of us is on the campus this week for Genome Informatics. We can arrange to meet up so we can shed some light on the examples below

On 14/09/10 6:53 AM, "Steven Rosanoff" <srosanof@...> wrote:

[...]

Arek Kasprzyk
Director, Bioinformatics Operations and Principal Investigator

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
MaRS Centre, South Tower
101 College Street, Suite 800
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 0A3

Tel:                        416-673-8559
Toll-free:             1-866-678-6427
www.oicr.on.ca

This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this message may not be that of the organization.