Blast database permissions

Jeroen Crappé
Dear all,

I have recently installed a local galaxy on our servers.
I could succesfully add a blastable database via the blastdb.loc file.
All is working, so no problems regarding that.
My question however is, how can I set user permissions on the use of these blast databases, or is this not possible?
For the moment it looks as though every user, no matter what its permisions are, can use and see the database, which is not what I want because different groups will be using this galaxy instance.

Could somebody help me out on this issue?

kind regards,

Crappé Jeroen

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

Re: Blast database permissions

Peter Cock
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Jeroen Crappé <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have recently installed a local galaxy on our servers.
> I could succesfully add a blastable database via the blastdb.loc file.
> All is working, so no problems regarding that.
> My question however is, how can I set user permissions on the use of these blast databases, or is this not possible?
> For the moment it looks as though every user, no matter what its permisions are, can use and see the database, which is not what I want because different groups will be using this galaxy instance.
>
> Could somebody help me out on this issue?
>
> kind regards,
>
> Crappé Jeroen

That is not currently possible, although this might be
extended beyond just BLAST databases to anything
accessed via a *.loc file.

I guess an extra column could reference a role in
the Galaxy permissions or something...

Peter

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

Re: Blast database permissions

Fields, Christopher J
On Oct 19, 2011, at 4:33 AM, Peter Cock wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Jeroen Crappé <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have recently installed a local galaxy on our servers.
>> I could succesfully add a blastable database via the blastdb.loc file.
>> All is working, so no problems regarding that.
>> My question however is, how can I set user permissions on the use of these blast databases, or is this not possible?
>> For the moment it looks as though every user, no matter what its permisions are, can use and see the database, which is not what I want because different groups will be using this galaxy instance.
>>
>> Could somebody help me out on this issue?
>>
>> kind regards,
>>
>> Crappé Jeroen
>
> That is not currently possible, although this might be
> extended beyond just BLAST databases to anything
> accessed via a *.loc file.
>
> I guess an extra column could reference a role in
> the Galaxy permissions or something...
>
> Peter

Isn't this what the sharing interface is supposed to be for (sharing certain files among one or more users/groups)?

chris

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

Re: Blast database permissions

Peter Cock
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Fields, Christopher J
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 19, 2011, at 4:33 AM, Peter Cock wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Jeroen Crappé <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I have recently installed a local galaxy on our servers.
>>> I could succesfully add a blastable database via the blastdb.loc file.
>>> All is working, so no problems regarding that.
>>> My question however is, how can I set user permissions on the use of these blast databases, or is this not possible?
>>> For the moment it looks as though every user, no matter what its permisions are, can use and see the database, which is not what I want because different groups will be using this galaxy instance.
>>>
>>> Could somebody help me out on this issue?
>>>
>>> kind regards,
>>>
>>> Crappé Jeroen
>>
>> That is not currently possible, although this might be
>> extended beyond just BLAST databases to anything
>> accessed via a *.loc file.
>>
>> I guess an extra column could reference a role in
>> the Galaxy permissions or something...
>>
>> Peter
>
> Isn't this what the sharing interface is supposed to be for
> (sharing certain files among one or more users/groups)?
>
> chris

Exactly, but the loc files don't hook into this (yet).

Peter

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

On Oct 19, 2011, at 8:03 AM, Peter Cock wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Fields, Christopher J
> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> That is not currently possible, although this might be
>>> extended beyond just BLAST databases to anything
>>> accessed via a *.loc file.
>>>
>>> I guess an extra column could reference a role in
>>> the Galaxy permissions or something...
>>>
>>> Peter
>>
>> Isn't this what the sharing interface is supposed to be for
>> (sharing certain files among one or more users/groups)?
>>
>> chris
>
> Exactly, but the loc files don't hook into this (yet).
>
> Peter

Ack, that's a nigh big hole, cap'n!

(spoken in a bad impression of Scotty, leaving out obvious 'dilithium crystal' pandering)

chris

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/