Bluegenes

Paulo Nuin
Hi everyone

I remember there were some talking at some point about Bluegenes allowing JSON queries, not only XML. I have a a new version of Bluegenes locally but I don’t see a possibility of doing JSON queries. Is that correct?

Thanks a lot

Paulo

Re: Bluegenes

K.H. Reierskog
Hello Paulo,

Do you mean the JSON query format in the examples here?
https://intermine.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api/pathquery/

Bluegenes uses something similar internally. Do you want to be able to
paste a JSON query in the Querybuilder page and have it parsed, like you
can with XML?

Kind regards,

Kevin

On 1/8/21 4:03 PM, Paulo Nuin wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I remember there were some talking at some point about Bluegenes allowing JSON queries, not only XML. I have a a new version of Bluegenes locally but I don’t see a possibility of doing JSON queries. Is that correct?
>

> Thanks a lot
>
> Paulo

Re: Bluegenes

Paulo Nuin
Hi

I missed that page, I looked at the repo mostly.

The idea is to submit the JSON from outside and display the query results.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Paulo

> On Jan 8, 2021, at 9:33 AM, K.H. Reierskog <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Paulo,
>
> Do you mean the JSON query format in the examples here?
> https://intermine.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api/pathquery/
>
> Bluegenes uses something similar internally. Do you want to be able to
> paste a JSON query in the Querybuilder page and have it parsed, like you
> can with XML?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kevin
>
> On 1/8/21 4:03 PM, Paulo Nuin wrote:
>> Hi everyone
>>
>> I remember there were some talking at some point about Bluegenes allowing JSON queries, not only XML. I have a a new version of Bluegenes locally but I don’t see a possibility of doing JSON queries. Is that correct?
>>

>> Thanks a lot
>>
>> Paulo

Re: Bluegenes

K.H. Reierskog
Could you give an example of this? Would this be done through a POST
request from an external site, including data like a JSON query to be
displayed in the Bluegenes query results page?

Kevin

On 1/8/21 4:36 PM, Paulo Nuin wrote:

> Hi
>
> I missed that page, I looked at the repo mostly.
>

> The idea is to submit the JSON from outside and display the query results.
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> Cheers
>
> Paulo
>
>> On Jan 8, 2021, at 9:33 AM, K.H. Reierskog <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Paulo,
>>
>> Do you mean the JSON query format in the examples here?
>> https://intermine.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api/pathquery/
>>
>> Bluegenes uses something similar internally. Do you want to be able to
>> paste a JSON query in the Querybuilder page and have it parsed, like you
>> can with XML?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Kevin
>>
>> On 1/8/21 4:03 PM, Paulo Nuin wrote:
>>> Hi everyone
>>>
>>> I remember there were some talking at some point about Bluegenes allowing JSON queries, not only XML. I have a a new version of Bluegenes locally but I don’t see a possibility of doing JSON queries. Is that correct?
>>>

>>> Thanks a lot
>>>
>>> Paulo

Re: Bluegenes

Paulo Nuin
hi

Yes, something like that. I am working on a page with a number of queries and I want to link directly to the result page of that query. Let me get some minimal working example running and I let you know.

Cheers

Paulo

> On Jan 8, 2021, at 9:43 AM, K.H. Reierskog <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Could you give an example of this? Would this be done through a POST
> request from an external site, including data like a JSON query to be
> displayed in the Bluegenes query results page?
>
> Kevin
>
> On 1/8/21 4:36 PM, Paulo Nuin wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I missed that page, I looked at the repo mostly.
>>

>> The idea is to submit the JSON from outside and display the query results.
>>
>> Thanks for the info.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Paulo
>>
>>> On Jan 8, 2021, at 9:33 AM, K.H. Reierskog <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Paulo,
>>>
>>> Do you mean the JSON query format in the examples here?
>>> https://intermine.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api/pathquery/
>>>
>>> Bluegenes uses something similar internally. Do you want to be able to
>>> paste a JSON query in the Querybuilder page and have it parsed, like you
>>> can with XML?
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Kevin

Re: Bluegenes

K.H. Reierskog
Cool. We made something similar in the past, just with chromosome
coordinates being passed to the region search page (not merged yet).
Doing this with a query instead shouldn't be too different.

I'll wait with creating a Github issue until you have the details ready.

Cheers,

Kevin