CPU usage

David Octavio Botero Rozo
Hi Carson.

It is possible to run maker on 2 or more processors without installing and configuring MPI. When I run maker with the option cpu=4, only 1 processor is used.

Thanks.

--
David Octavio Botero Rozo

Biologist
System Engineering Student
Associated Researcher - CENICAFE
Colombia

Tel: +57-685056550 ext. 317-338
Cel: +57-3214719269

Re: CPU usage

Carson Hinton Holt
Re: [maker-devel] CPU usage The cpu=4 option will only run blast on 4 cpus.  All other parts of the pipeline still run linearly.  You can run MAKER twice in the same directory and MAKER will automatically split up the fasta file entries between the two processes to achieve parallelization.

Carson