Call for Participation : Vocabulary Carnival at SEMANTiCS 2014
The Vocabulary Carnival at SEMANTiCS 2014 is a unique opportunity for vocabulary publishers to showcase and share their work, meet the growing community of vocabulary publishers and users, and build useful semantic, technical and social links.
What kind of vocabularies do we expect?
• Any kind! For this event we use a very open definition of what a vocabulary is. Ontologies, classifications, thesauri, concept and metadata schemes, whatever their format, in RDF or not, are all welcome.
What is your benefit of submitting?
• attention: make people aware of your work
• feedback: a room full of other vocabulary creators will guarantee expert feedback
• linking: discover links from your vocabulary to others on-site
How to submit your Vocabulary to the Carnival?
1. Make sure your vocabulary is accessible on the Web through a public URI.
2. Communicate your intention to participate at http://tinyurl.com/vocarnival
by joining and posting your vocabulary link and writing “See you at the Carnival in Leipzig” or send an email to [hidden email], with subject “Vocabulary Carnival”.
3. Register to SEMANTiCS: http://www.semantics.cc/
4. Submissions will be handled on a first come, first serve basis
Are there any technical requirements?
No, not really. We expect your vocabulary (terminology, taxonomy, ontology, etc.) to be hosted on the Web. If it is not Linked Data or uploaded to http://lov.okfn.org you can get technical help and advise at the conference.
At the SEMANTiCS 2014 Conference:
• Prepare a poster (max format A0) presenting your vocabulary: description, purpose, history, links to other vocabularies, datasets using it, link to its publication page ...
• Present your poster in the dedicated space at SEMANTiCS conference.
• Brace yourself to participate in the Vocabulary Minute Madness, where every vocabulary will have one minute to convince of its usefulness and quality. Sporting your vocabulary colors at this occasion is optional, but will be much appreciated.
• An independent jury will select the best vocabulary poster and presentation for the coveted position of SEMANTiCS Vocabulary Carnival Prince.
Vocabulary Carnival and LOV
• If your vocabulary is already recorded at http://lov.okn.org, check its record to see if everything is OK. Ping the LOV curators if something is missing or inaccurate, or if you brush up a brand new version for the Carnival. If you think your vocabulary is LOV-able but not yet recorded, submit its URI at http://lov.okfn.org/dataset/
• If your vocabulary is not yet meeting the technical requirements to be included in LOV, and you wish it could, we can help you to achieve that during the Carnival.
About the Vocabulary Carnival
The Vocabulary Carnival will be hosted by the SEMANTiCS conference, , in Leipzig, Germany, in coordination with the Linked Open Vocabularies project and the support of Mondeca.
More at http://www.semantics.cc/
Linked Open Vocabularies http://lov.okfn.org
Contact Bernard Vatant, Senior Consultant, Mondeca, coordinator of the LOV project. [hidden email]
Want fast and easy access to all the code in your enterprise? Index and
search up to 200,000 lines of code with a free copy of Black Duck
Code Sight - the same software that powers the world's largest code
search on Ohloh, the Black Duck Open Hub! Try it now.
Gmod-devel mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|