Can't call method "Flush" without a package or object reference

Can't call method "Flush" without a package or object reference

Prem Anand
Hi

I recently installed gbrowse2 and have been playing around with it.
Most of the features are working fine, but when I switch the data
source, I keep getting the following
error message 'Can't call method "Flush" without a package or object
reference', displayed over the top.

I found a similar issue posted by Joseph (given below), and I tried
with userdb settings as suggested in the post but it didn't work.
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.gmod.gbrowse/5559

I am not sure if it has do something with my session settings, but
couldn't pinpoint it.
user accounts          = 0
user_account_db = memory

I left the default session settings as it is.
# session settings
session lock type = default
# If no session driver is set, then GBrowse will pick one for you.
# It will use db_file for the driver and storable for the serializer
# if available; otherwise falling back to the file driver and default
serializer.
# Override driver guessing by setting these options
# The safest, but slowest session driver...
#session driver    = driver:file;serializer:default
#session args      = Directory /var/www/gbrowse2/tmp

Any pointers would be of great help.

Thanks and Regards
Prem

Re: Can't call method "Flush" without a package or object reference

Lincoln Stein
You have to make sure that the session configuration options are only in GBrowse.conf and not in any of the datasource specific config files.

Lincoln

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Prem Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Lincoln D. Stein
101 College St., Suite 800
Toronto, ON, Canada M5G0A3
416 673-8514
Assistant: Renata Musa <[hidden email]>

Re: Can't call method "Flush" without a package or object reference

Prem Anand
Thanks Lincoln,

The session is configured only in GBrowse.conf. I could see the
session files written in tmp/

-rw-r----- 1 www-data www-data  5106 2010-06-24 15:16
cgisess_f95a29b544090e9b2afd92a0203286a2

Still couldn't figure out the reason for that message.

Regards
Prem

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Lincoln Stein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You have to make sure that the session configuration options are only in
> GBrowse.conf and not in any of the datasource specific config files.
> Lincoln
>
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Prem Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I recently installed gbrowse2 and have been playing around with it.
>> Most of the features are working fine, but when I switch the data
>> source, I keep getting the following
>> error message 'Can't call method "Flush" without a package or object
>> reference', displayed over the top.
>>
>> I found a similar issue posted by Joseph (given below), and I tried
>> with userdb settings as suggested in the post but it didn't work.
>> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.gmod.gbrowse/5559
>>
>> I am not sure if it has do something with my session settings, but
>> couldn't pinpoint it.
>> user accounts          = 0
>> user_account_db = memory
>>
>> I left the default session settings as it is.
>> # session settings
>> session lock type = default
>> # If no session driver is set, then GBrowse will pick one for you.
>> # It will use db_file for the driver and storable for the serializer
>> # if available; otherwise falling back to the file driver and default
>> serializer.
>> # Override driver guessing by setting these options
>> # The safest, but slowest session driver...
>> #session driver    = driver:file;serializer:default
>> #session args      = Directory /var/www/gbrowse2/tmp
>>
>> Any pointers would be of great help.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards
>> Prem

> Lincoln D. Stein
> Director, Informatics and Biocomputing Platform
> Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
> 101 College St., Suite 800
> Toronto, ON, Canada M5G0A3
> 416 673-8514
> Assistant: Renata Musa <[hidden email]>

Re: Can't call method "Flush" without a package or object reference

Lincoln Stein
I'll try to track it down, but I've never seen or heard of this problem before.

Lincoln

--
Lincoln D. Stein
101 College St., Suite 800
Toronto, ON, Canada M5G0A3
416 673-8514
Assistant: Renata Musa <[hidden email]>

Re: Can't call method "Flush" without a package or object reference

Prem Anand
Thanks Lincoln

Some of the users have also experienced this same error as noted in
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.gmod.gbrowse/5559

=========
On 13 May 2010, at 9:09, joseph franklin wrote:
> I wrote a few days ago about a problem I'm having with Gbrowse2 (latest from svn) that appears to be related to my corrupting the session locks.  Tracks load properly when they are first loaded, but fail to refresh when a new genomic location is selected.  There appear to be no relevant errors in the apache2 log (see previous message below).  Lincoln suggested that I reset my session, or clear out the sessions directory.  I've done both, restarted apache2, and now sometimes get the error in the browser: "Can't call method "Flush" without a package or object reference."
>
> Does anyone have suggestions for recovering from this type of problem?
=========

As a note, I am trying to integrate GBrowse2 within our site, which
also manages the sessions with mysql backend, but completely
independent from GBrowse2.

I use 4.42 of CGI::Session.
perl -MCGI::Session -e 'print $CGI::Session::VERSION,"\n" '
4.42

Regards
Prem

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Lincoln Stein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'll try to track it down, but I've never seen or heard of this problem
> before.
> Lincoln
>
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Prem Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Lincoln,
>>
>> The session is configured only in GBrowse.conf. I could see the
>> session files written in tmp/
>>
>> -rw-r----- 1 www-data www-data  5106 2010-06-24 15:16
>> cgisess_f95a29b544090e9b2afd92a0203286a2
>>
>> Still couldn't figure out the reason for that message.
>>
>> Regards
>> Prem
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Lincoln Stein <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > You have to make sure that the session configuration options are only in
>> > GBrowse.conf and not in any of the datasource specific config files.
>> > Lincoln

>> > --
>> > Lincoln D. Stein
>> > Director, Informatics and Biocomputing Platform
>> > Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
>> > 101 College St., Suite 800
>> > Toronto, ON, Canada M5G0A3
>> > 416 673-8514
>> > Assistant: Renata Musa <[hidden email]>
>> >

> --
> Lincoln D. Stein
> Director, Informatics and Biocomputing Platform
> Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
> 101 College St., Suite 800
> Toronto, ON, Canada M5G0A3
> 416 673-8514
> Assistant: Renata Musa <[hidden email]>

Re: Can't call method "Flush" without a package or object reference

Lincoln Stein
Hi Prem,

Sorry, I guess it has been reported before. Try recursively deleting the directory that contains the session files and starting fresh.

Lincoln

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Prem Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> > Lincoln D. Stein
>> > Director, Informatics and Biocomputing Platform
>> > Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
>> > 101 College St., Suite 800
>> > Toronto, ON, Canada M5G0A3
>> > 416 673-8514
>> > Assistant: Renata Musa <[hidden email]>
>> >

> --
> Lincoln D. Stein
> Director, Informatics and Biocomputing Platform
> Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
> 101 College St., Suite 800
> Toronto, ON, Canada M5G0A3
> 416 673-8514
> Assistant: Renata Musa <[hidden email]>

--
Lincoln D. Stein
101 College St., Suite 800
Toronto, ON, Canada M5G0A3
416 673-8514
Assistant: Renata Musa <[hidden email]>

Re: Can't call method "Flush" without a package or object reference

I did try that. But still the same.

Regards
Prem