Can't install on Windows: "Could not download nmake executable from Microsoft web site."

Can't install on Windows: "Could not download nmake executable from Microsoft web site."

David Breimann
Hi,

I followed the instructions for a Windows installation of GBrowse. the perl scripts dies when trying to install the make utility.
I downloaded nmake15.exe from MS site, extracted it and put the files in the same folder as the perl script - but it didn't help.
I also tried installing GNU make, but again, that did not help.

Thanks,
Dave

dumper compressed output

Miquel Ràmia
Hi all,

I'm coding a dumper plugin which output could be huge, so I'm interested
in give this output gziped. What is the best way to do it? I tried
CGI::Compress::Gzip to set the mime type but doesn't seems to work:

     sub mime_type {
         use CGI::Compress::Gzip;
         my $cgi = new CGI::Compress::Gzip;
         return $cgi->header();
     }

regards,
Miquel

Re: Can't install on Windows: "Could not download nmake executable from Microsoft web site."

Hi David,

The installer is looking for nmake in a particular path on your
computer.  To find out what folder it should be in, execute this perl
one liner:

  perl -MConfig -e "print $Config{binexp}"

On my computer, that is C:\perl\bin.  Of course, the script should
download and install that itself.  Is there a reason it is failing to
do that?  If so, it may have problems with other steps in the
installation as well.

Scott