Can't remove a shared uploaded wig track

Can't remove a shared uploaded wig track

Kevin Schaper-2
A fellow zfinner and I have been testing our new GBrowse2 instance.  He uploaded a .wig file, then shared the track with me, and neither he nor I can remove the track from our Custom Tracks tab.

When either of us hits the [X] we get a spinner, but no change.

There's no errors on the apache side, but I do see this in the javascript console:

TypeError: 'null' is not an object (evaluating '$("community_display_offset").value')

Here's the click event code for the [X] link:

< a onclick = "unshareFile('track_eebde9_GSM1133391_chrall.sperm.chr_removed.wig', '')" onmouseover = "GBubble.showTooltip(event,&quot;Remove from my session&quot;,0,200)" href = "javascript: void(0)" > [X] < /a>

On first glance, $("community_display_offset") looks like an odd jQuery selector, since it looks like it's referring to a tag rather than a class or id….but I see it all over, so I'm guessing that's not the problem.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Can't remove a shared uploaded wig track

Timothy Parnell
Hi Kevin,

This may be a flippant answer, but just in case, have you tried resetting GBrowse, either using the GBrowse File menu (not the web browser), or appending  "?reset=1" to the URL? I've had a few times where I tried to load a shared track but had problems with it showing up (not appearing in the track list, no track in the browser), but resetting magically fixed it. Not sure why, but this happened several times. Resetting clears your GBrowse cookie, current location, and selected tracks, so it's mostly harmless.

Tim

On Nov 19, 2013, at 1:37 PM, Kevin Schaper <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A fellow zfinner and I have been testing our new GBrowse2 instance.  He uploaded a .wig file, then shared the track with me, and neither he nor I can remove the track from our Custom Tracks tab.
>
> When either of us hits the [X] we get a spinner, but no change.
>
> There's no errors on the apache side, but I do see this in the javascript console:
>
> TypeError: 'null' is not an object (evaluating '$("community_display_offset").value')
>
> Here's the click event code for the [X] link:
>
> < a onclick = "unshareFile('track_eebde9_GSM1133391_chrall.sperm.chr_removed.wig', '')" onmouseover = "GBubble.showTooltip(event,&quot;Remove from my session&quot;,0,200)" href = "javascript: void(0)" > [X] < /a>
>
> On first glance, $("community_display_offset") looks like an odd jQuery selector, since it looks like it's referring to a tag rather than a class or id….but I see it all over, so I'm guessing that's not the problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

Re: Can't remove a shared uploaded wig track

Kevin Schaper-2
I've been wondering what happened to the reset option!

The reset does work to clean it out - but there's definitely a bug in there too.  I'll submit it to the issue tracker on github.