Changing start page in Grbrowse

Alexey Morozov
Dear colleagues,
how should I change the start page? The one that loads from http://my.host:my.port before Gbrowse itself gets called. Do I just edit $dir/gbrowse/htdocs/index.html or there is some constant in Gbrowse or Apache installation that lets me define some other page?

--
Alexey Morozov,
LIN SB RAS, bioinformatics group.

Re: Changing start page in Grbrowse

Raymond Wan

Hi Alexey,

This doesn't sound specific to GBrowse but probably does very depending on which
variant of Linux you use.  In Ubuntu 14.04, for example, the page that loads
sits at /var/www/html/index.html .  If you want something else to load, install
GBrowse to a subdirectory such as /var/www/html/gbrowse/ and then create a
/var/www/html/index.html that links to GBrowse.

I think that is generally how things should work.  But it does differ with other
Linux...  If you installed GBrowse using a package instead of from source, then
you have less control on where it installs but you should be able to move
things around...

Ray