Chat in Apollo

Helena Rasche

Nathan suggested I share this with y'all, we integrate chat into our apollo and it's pretty useful. Users can browse to that tab and discuss things. We use gitter.im for our chat but it should work with just about anything that permits embedding as an iframe:

extraTabs = [
    ['title': 'GGA', 'url': 'https://gitter.im/galaxy-genome-annotation/Lobby/~embed']
]

Current screenshot is a bit developer focused but you can imagine for biological communities it can be nice to discuss with co-annotators directly in the UI.

Ciao,
Helena

Galaxy Europe