ClassShadow.primaryIdentifier snafu

Sam Hokin-3
I've got a bug in one of my mines that I simply cannot figure out. I have a class, which does not extend any other classes, called
QTL, and here's how it's declared in dbmodel/build/resources/main/genomic_model.xml:

<class name="QTL" is-interface="true" term="http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/SO:0001645">
         <attribute name="lod" type="java.lang.Double"/>
         <attribute name="likelihoodRatio" type="java.lang.Double"/>
         <attribute name="intervalDescription" type="java.lang.String"/>
         <attribute name="end" type="java.lang.Double"/>
         <attribute name="identifier" type="java.lang.String"/>
         <attribute name="start" type="java.lang.Double"/>
         <reference name="organism" referenced-type="Organism"/>
         <reference name="phenotype" referenced-type="Phenotype" reverse-reference="QTLs"/>
         <reference name="geneticMap" referenced-type="GeneticMap" reverse-reference="QTLs"/>
         <reference name="linkageGroup" referenced-type="LinkageGroup" reverse-reference="QTLs"/>
         <collection name="dataSets" referenced-type="DataSet"/>
</class>

Note that is has an attribute called "identifier" and no attribute called "primaryIdentifier". This is my practice for classes which
don't extend Annotatable/BioEntity/SequenceFeature.

But whenever I build the mine and look at a QTL report page, it stops after the header and I get the following in the Tomcat
localhost log (and no client-side error in the Javascript console):

08-Oct-2020 11:27:28.121 SEVERE [ajp-nio-8009-exec-193] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke Servlet.service() for
servlet [action] in context with path [/soymine] threw exception [An exception occurred processing [/layout.jsp] at line [93]

90:       <tiles:insert page="/contextHelp.jsp"/>
91:
92:       <tiles:get name="body"/>
93:
94: <script type="text/javascript">
95: jQuery(document).ready(function() {
96:   jQuery("p#contactUsLink").toggle();

Stacktrace:] with root cause
        javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Property [primaryIdentifier] not found on type [org.intermine.model.bio.QTLShadow]

So this is a server-side error, but where on earth is this desired QTLShadow.primaryIdentifier property coming from? It looks like
it may be associated with a tile, but a grep of the entire mine tree shows no instance of QTL and primaryIdentifier. This is really
mysterious! Thanks in advance for tips!

Re: ClassShadow.primaryIdentifier snafu

Paulo Nuin
Hi Sam

Maybe related or not to your error, I have been having problems with a class called SOTerm (which I changes to WBSOTerm at one point), where the builddb process was complaining of a primaryIdentifier not present when my first attribute was called just identifier. I changed to primaryIdentifier and even after many clean installl etc commands, I was still not able to create the class in the model, and when it’s created it goes to the opposite name that I am setting on my additions XML. I wean’t able to locate the root of the problem.

I am doing some more tests soon, and I plan to send to InterMine and the list.

Cheers

Paulo

> On Oct 8, 2020, at 11:33 AM, Sam Hokin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've got a bug in one of my mines that I simply cannot figure out. I have a class, which does not extend any other classes, called QTL, and here's how it's declared in dbmodel/build/resources/main/genomic_model.xml:
>
> <class name="QTL" is-interface="true" term="http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/SO:0001645">
>        <attribute name="lod" type="java.lang.Double"/>
>        <attribute name="likelihoodRatio" type="java.lang.Double"/>
>        <attribute name="intervalDescription" type="java.lang.String"/>
>        <attribute name="end" type="java.lang.Double"/>
>        <attribute name="identifier" type="java.lang.String"/>
>        <attribute name="start" type="java.lang.Double"/>
>        <reference name="organism" referenced-type="Organism"/>
>        <reference name="phenotype" referenced-type="Phenotype" reverse-reference="QTLs"/>
>        <reference name="geneticMap" referenced-type="GeneticMap" reverse-reference="QTLs"/>
>        <reference name="linkageGroup" referenced-type="LinkageGroup" reverse-reference="QTLs"/>
>        <collection name="dataSets" referenced-type="DataSet"/>
> </class>
>
> Note that is has an attribute called "identifier" and no attribute called "primaryIdentifier". This is my practice for classes which don't extend Annotatable/BioEntity/SequenceFeature.
>
> But whenever I build the mine and look at a QTL report page, it stops after the header and I get the following in the Tomcat localhost log (and no client-side error in the Javascript console):
>
> 08-Oct-2020 11:27:28.121 SEVERE [ajp-nio-8009-exec-193] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke Servlet.service() for servlet [action] in context with path [/soymine] threw exception [An exception occurred processing [/layout.jsp] at line [93]
>
> 90:       <tiles:insert page="/contextHelp.jsp"/>
> 91:
> 92:       <tiles:get name="body"/>
> 93:
> 94: <script type="text/javascript">
> 95: jQuery(document).ready(function() {
> 96:   jQuery("p#contactUsLink").toggle();
>

> Stacktrace:] with root cause
> javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Property [primaryIdentifier] not found on type [org.intermine.model.bio.QTLShadow]
>
> So this is a server-side error, but where on earth is this desired QTLShadow.primaryIdentifier property coming from? It looks like it may be associated with a tile, but a grep of the entire mine tree shows no instance of QTL and primaryIdentifier. This is really mysterious! Thanks in advance for tips!

Re: ClassShadow.primaryIdentifier snafu

Daniela Butano-2
Hi Sam,
sorry for the issue.
Initially I was thinking that the issue was related to some work I have
done to create the Share link button.
BUt after looking at the code it seems that the otherMinesLinks.jsp page
uses the primaryIdentifer (se here
https://github.com/intermine/intermine/blob/dev/intermine/webapp/src/main/webapp/otherMinesLink.jsp#L32).

In fact, if you look at the source code of the QTL report page, it seems
it breaks on friendlyMines section.

I will add a ticket for that.
Not sure why it worked before??!!!

Daniela

> [...]
>> for servlet [action] in context with path [/soymine] threw exception
>> [An exception occurred processing [/layout.jsp] at line [93]
>>
>> 90:       <tiles:insert page="/contextHelp.jsp"/>
>> 91:
>> 92:       <tiles:get name="body"/>
>> 93:
>> 94: <script type="text/javascript">
>> 95: jQuery(document).ready(function() {
>> 96:   jQuery("p#contactUsLink").toggle();
>>

>> Stacktrace:] with root cause
>> javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Property [primaryIdentifier] not
>> found on type [org.intermine.model.bio.QTLShadow]
>>
>> So this is a server-side error, but where on earth is this desired
>> QTLShadow.primaryIdentifier property coming from? It looks like it may
>> be associated with a tile, but a grep of the entire mine tree shows no
>> instance of QTL and primaryIdentifier. This is really mysterious!

I used to use QTL.primaryIdentifer. :) I've moved a number of "primaryIdentifier" attributes to "identifier" in accordance with my
new standard that things that don't extend Annotatable get "identifier" instead. Plus, a lot of SO entries use "identifier", like
strain (http://semanticscience.org/resource/SIO_010055), which I figure I'll keep consistent.

If you recall, Julie (or you?) initially wanted to use Annotatable.identifier, but that would have broken all of the existing
BioEntity code. So Julie wisely didn't. I find it handy to keep track of which keys belong to Annotatables and which do not.

On 10/9/20 5:13 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> 90:       <tiles:insert page="/contextHelp.jsp"/>
>>> 91:
>>> 92:       <tiles:get name="body"/>
>>> 93:
>>> 94: <script type="text/javascript">
>>> 95: jQuery(document).ready(function() {
>>> 96:   jQuery("p#contactUsLink").toggle();
>>>

>>> Stacktrace:] with root cause
>>>     javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Property [primaryIdentifier] not found on type [org.intermine.model.bio.QTLShadow]
>>>
>>> So this is a server-side error, but where on earth is this desired QTLShadow.primaryIdentifier property coming from? It looks
>>> like it may be associated with a tile, but a grep of the entire mine tree shows no instance of QTL and primaryIdentifier. This is
>>> really mysterious! Thanks in advance for tips!

I think we can fix it....but we need a way to know which is the key
field which can be used fo the other mine link OR decide to no create
the other mine link if there is not primary identifier
Sam, could you please add a ticket for that?
THAnKS!!!

Have a nice weekend!
Daniela

> I used to use QTL.primaryIdentifer. :) I've moved a number of
> "primaryIdentifier" attributes to "identifier" in accordance with my
> new standard that things that don't extend Annotatable get
> "identifier" instead. Plus, a lot of SO entries use "identifier", like
> strain (http://semanticscience.org/resource/SIO_010055), which I
> figure I'll keep consistent.
>
> If you recall, Julie (or you?) initially wanted to use
> Annotatable.identifier, but that would have broken all of the existing
> BioEntity code. So Julie wisely didn't. I find it handy to keep track
> of which keys belong to Annotatables and which do not.

>> Hi Sam,
>> sorry for the issue.
>> Initially I was thinking that the issue was related to some work I
>> have done to create the Share link button.
>> BUt after looking at the code it seems that the otherMinesLinks.jsp
>> page uses the primaryIdentifer (se here
>> https://github.com/intermine/intermine/blob/dev/intermine/webapp/src/main/webapp/otherMinesLink.jsp#L32).
>>
>> In fact, if you look at the source code of the QTL report page, it
>> seems it breaks on friendlyMines section.
>>
>> I will add a ticket for that.
>> Not sure why it worked before??!!!
>>
>> Daniela
>>
>>> Hi Sam
>>>
>>> Maybe related or not to your error, I have been having problems with
>>> class called SOTerm (which I changes to WBSOTerm at one point), where
>>> the builddb process was complaining of a primaryIdentifier not
>>> present
>>> when my first attribute was called just identifier. I changed to
>>> primaryIdentifier and even after many clean installl etc commands, I
>>> was still not able to create the class in the model, and when it’s
>>> created it goes to the opposite name that I am setting on my
>>> additions
>>> XML. I wean’t able to locate the root of the problem.
>>>
>>> I am doing some more tests soon, and I plan to send to InterMine and
>>> the list.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Paulo

Re: ClassShadow.primaryIdentifier snafu

Sam Hokin-3
Yes: since the "other mine" links presume that the other mine classes have the same attributes, we should impose that it only work
for classes in the core model (which QTL obviously is not), which is what makes sense for "friendly" mines. (My mines are only
partially friendly, sorta like a girl that's nice to you when her friends aren't around.)

So, I like the choice of "don't show friendly mines if this class does not have primaryIdentifier" or even better "don't show
friendly mines if this class doesn't extend Annotatable." Issue on its way.