Client-side tour functionality in bluegenes?

Client-side tour functionality in bluegenes?

Sam Hokin-3
Hiya, devs. We're pondering writing some client-side "tours" for our mines, but then I thought that blugenes might support such a
thing "out of the box." True or false? If so, we'll wait. (For an example of what I mean, go to http://legumeinfo.org/ -> Context
Viewer -> Help.)

Re: Client-side tour functionality in bluegenes?

Joshua Heimbach
Hi Sam,

That's a nice guided tour! And a great example of how we can help
improve the experience for newcomers. Tours and dynamic help are on our
radar and we've been planning to bake them into the new UI.

Until we release a beta that is then made public by each mine, I'm sure
users would benefit from a guided tour of the current interface. We
don't expect mine owners to immediately drop support for the current UI,
rather they be run in parallel while all remaining features and edge
cases are ported over and the legacy one is phased out.

If you do choose to implement one now, we'd love help identifying any
pain points for new visitors, and we can make sure to cover those in
bluegenes.

Regards,
Josh