Community call: Google Summer of Code special edition

Community call: Google Summer of Code special edition

Yo Yehudi-2
Hey everyone!

This Thursday, 16 August, at 5pm UK time, our students will be presenting their totally brilliant Google Summer of Code work at the community call.

Projects include:
  • InterMine NLP: Asking a question in plain english and converting it to an InterMine query e.g. "What genes are associated with Diabetes?"
  • Solr search: Modernising our search capabilities
  • Buzzbang: biological web crawler search
  • Data Browser: Drill into InterMine data without know the model
  • Cross InterMine search: type once, search all mines.
  • Python Improvements: The InterMine python client, extended with registry methods, a query manager, and datavis tutorials.
Each student will present for around 5 minutes and there will also be time for questions.