Configure JBrowse centrally in Webapollo2

Configure JBrowse centrally in Webapollo2

Mikkel Christensen
HI,
I trying to set-up the hierarchical track selector in JBrowse by
configure it in jbrowse_conf.json.
It does not work and I assume it is because I need to re-deploy app. But
before I look into that I would like to ask.

Is there anyway I can configure JBrowse centrally (i.e.
jbrowse_conf.json) without re-deploying the app?

(We have ~32 species in Web-apollo, so I would like to avoid to have
meta data in each species dir.)

Many Thanks,
Mikkel Christensen

VectorBase.org

Re: Configure JBrowse centrally in Webapollo2

nathandunn

Mikkel,

You should be able to use your existing jbrowse tracks.   The necessary additional configs are dynamically added to trackList.json   .. . . You should only need to specify the directory where trackList.json lives for each organism.   You can do this in an organism or via a script:

Nathan Dunn, PhD
Berkeley Bioinformatics Open-source Projects (BBOP)
Genomics Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
[hidden email]