Configuring pop-up 'track configure' boxes

Configuring pop-up 'track configure' boxes

Sean O'Keeffe

Hi Folks, wrote a mail yesterday but it bounced,

I've got a question relating to the pop-up boxes above each track in GBrowse.
Is it possible to add an option to the 'configure this track' pop-up box where I could limit the features displayed by the score value? Let's say I have loaded a track, e.g. GFF3 data, containing a range a scores. Can I add an option where users could select features by score > x or maybe score < y?

I already know I can add a subroutine to the conf file where I can colour code the features by score, but this would mean displaying all features. It would be a nice feature for users to be able to dynamically limit feature display on the fly.

I've gone through the documentation but couldn't find any information pertaining to the pop-up box manipulation.

Any help would be great!
Thanks,
Sean.

Re: Configuring pop-up 'track configure' boxes

Scott Cain
Hi Sean,

Just so you know, your other two emails made it to the list too :-)

I am reasonably sure there is no way to do that through the UI, though you might be able to write a filter plugin that does it for you.

I think Rob has in the back of his mind doing something like this for JBrowse but I don't think it's even on the list for the 2.0 release slated for some time in the next few months.  Ideally, it would end up looking/working a lot like the Trackster tool in Galaxy (if they still call it that, I'm not sure).

Scott