Current status of support for IE in GBrowse 2.x?

Current status of support for IE in GBrowse 2.x?

Josh Goodman
Hi all,

What is the status of support for various incarnations of IE (7, 8, 9
or 10) in GBrowse 2.x?

I ask because we've discovered that horizontal scrolling seems to be
broken in IE 8 with GBrowse 2.54.  It does seem to work in 2.40, as
tested in http://modencode.oicr.on.ca/fgb2/gbrowse/worm.

IE 8 reports this error over and over again:

Message: Invalid argument.
Line: 41
Char: 4
Code: 0
URI: http://flybase.org/gb2/js/track_pan.js

Line 41 reads

gbt.get_image_div().style.left = pos;

The end result is a screen that is already aligned to the far left of
the generated image, which would normally lie outside the viewing
window and no ability to scroll horizontally.

http://flybase.org/cgi-bin/gbrowse2/dmel/

Cheers,
Josh