DAS?

joe carlson
Hi Julie and Alex,

A question has come up here about using our intermine as a DAS server. We've stumbled on an issue in github from 2012 (https://github.com/intermine/intermine/issues/60), and a mention of progress on it at a DAS workshop (http://www.biodas.org/wiki/DASWorkshop2012).

You cannot hide from the google!

Is there any plans or progress on this? We're interested in using this. I may be able to help out on this a bit.

Thanks,

Joe Carlson

Re: DAS?

Alex Kalderimis-2
Hi there Joe,

DAS was discussed, and is still an open issue pending some clear
indication of demand. Implementing the protocol should be reasonably
simple (especially since we implemented the JBrowse JSON protocol, which
serves similarly structured data).

So the current status is that there aren't really any immediate plans,
but this could be bumped up the list in the light of concrete use cases.
I am happy to point you at the way you might go about implementing this
within intermine, if you would like to take a crack at things yourself.

All best,

Alex Kalderimis

On 29/04/14 19:53, Joe Carlson wrote:

> Hi Julie and Alex,
>
> A question has come up here about using our intermine as a DAS server. We've stumbled on an issue in github from 2012 (https://github.com/intermine/intermine/issues/60), and a mention of progress on it at a DAS workshop (http://www.biodas.org/wiki/DASWorkshop2012).
>
> You cannot hide from the google!
>
> Is there any plans or progress on this? We're interested in using this. I may be able to help out on this a bit.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe Carlson

Re: DAS?

dmgood11
Alex,

  We (Joe and I) are very interested in this capability, the main reason being it will make interfacing with Jalview trivial.  It would also benefit the larger community by allowing any Mine instance that implements a DAS service and registers at the DAS registry to expose their data to all Jalview users.

best,

-David

David M. Goodstein, Ph.D.
Phytozome Team Lead
Eukaryotic Data Systems - Computational and Plant Genomics
U.S. Dept of Energy Joint Genome Institute
2800 Mitchell Dr.
Walnut Creek, CA USA 94598
http://phytozome.jgi.doe.gov

May 1, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Hi there Joe,

DAS was discussed, and is still an open issue pending some clear
indication of demand. Implementing the protocol should be reasonably
simple (especially since we implemented the JBrowse JSON protocol, which
serves similarly structured data).

So the current status is that there aren't really any immediate plans,
but this could be bumped up the list in the light of concrete use cases.
I am happy to point you at the way you might go about implementing this
within intermine, if you would like to take a crack at things yourself.

All best,

Alex Kalderimis

April 29, 2014 at 11:53 AM