DAS tracks in GBrowse (2.20, and previous versions)

DAS tracks in GBrowse (2.20, and previous versions)

Keiran Raine
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if they are able to get DAS tracks that encode gene/
transcripts to render correctly when imported by URL?

We have a COSMIC das track which is used within Ensembl that work
correctly showing exon-exon links etc, but under GBrowse we continue
to just get a single block for a transcript.

The DAS registry page is here:

http://das.sanger.ac.uk/das/cosmic_transcripts_GRCh37/

Keiran Raine
Senior Computer Biologist
The Cancer Genome Project
Ext: 7703
[hidden email]

GBrowse

Ensembl

Picture 8.png (41K) Download Attachment
Picture 9.png (13K) Download Attachment

Re: DAS tracks in GBrowse (2.20, and previous versions)

Lincoln Stein
Hi Keiran,

This is a familiar problem, but I thought I'd fixed it. Which version of the Bio::Das library are you using?

Lincoln

--
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome ResearchLimited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and acompany registered in England with number 2742969, whose registeredoffice is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.

Ensembl

Lincoln D. Stein
101 College St., Suite 800
Toronto, ON, Canada M5G0A3
416 673-8514
Assistant: Renata Musa <[hidden email]>

Re: DAS tracks in GBrowse (2.20, and previous versions)

Keiran Raine
Appears to be 1.17:

cgp-gbrowse-test[]1: /usr/bin/perl -le 'eval "require $ARGV[0]" and print $ARGV[0]->VERSION' Bio::Das
1.17

Keiran Raine
Senior Computer Biologist
The Cancer Genome Project